Chapter XXVI

3rd Person's perspective

"Damn, Kinro!"

"He's giving the Magma a run for his money!"

The villagers cheered, well, all of them did. (Y/n) had this certain expression on her face that made Senku look at her, smiling in a certain way.

"Magma-Sama!" One of his men exclaimed.

"You're so awesome, Kinro!" Suika exclaimed cutely, without her mask. "But it's not too convincing when you say it with that mask on."

Chrome and Senku agreed with her, nodding their heads with their arms crossed.

"Suika!!" (Y/n) squealed, taking the girl off of her feet and spinning her around. "You're so cute without your mask off!" She exclaimed, hugging her.

"Yeah!" GInro cheered, still munching on the leaves. "Magma's all worn out! Kinro's going to win it."

"We already won, then!" The old man cheered.

"Now we can give Ruri the cure-all!" Chrome exclaimed, being all happy.

The two in the battle arena were talking. 

"I can't hear what they're talking about." Suika started, sparkling, still in (Y/n)'s arms, looking at Magma. "But Magma's tuned into a clean Magma."

"I don't think that's the case, Suika." (Y/n) muttered, smiling nervously, looking at Magma.

Senku looked at the two competitors intently.

"Referee," Kinro called. "This mask was clearly thrown into the match by Suika in order to help me." He approached him. "Knowing that, I still wore it. If I've broken the rules, then I've lost. Rules are rules."

(Y/n) puffed her cheeks at her attitude. "Bummer." She muttered under her breath.

"Damn it, you could just keep your mouth shut if it's gonna hurt you." Chrome muttered, putting his hands on his hips. 

"That's Kinro for you." Ginro muttered. "He's so straight-laced."

"When are you gonna stop munching on those leaves?" (Y/n) muttered, letting Suika go.

"You didn't throw at him or anything." Jasper stated with his arms crossed. "The mask is just an article of clothing."

Then, they saw Magma behind him, smirking, ready to attack him.

"Kinro-San!" (Y/n) tried calling out to him, but it was too late.

Then, it happened. Magma smashed Suika's watermelon shell, making Kinro drop, lying down on the ground, all passed out.

Magma laughed. "I knew you'd go and ask!" He exclaimed. "You're as proper as hell, after all, Kinro!" He looked at the unconscious brunette, lying down in front of him.

"Winner: Magma." Jasper declared, raising his hand at Magma.

"Damn, that dirty bastard!" Chrome exclaimed, cracking his knuckles. 

Ginro ran towards Jasper who was carrying Kinro, screaming his name with tears in her eyes. Still munching on the leaves.

Kinro struggled, opening his eye. "Sorry." He muttered.

"Thank goodness you're alive!" Ginro exclaimed, worried about his brother.

Senku just chuckled. "Well, whatever." He muttered. "This is a team battle."

"Yeah." (Y/n) muttered, clenching her fists. "As long as someone beats that fucker, we win." 

Senku held her shaking shoulders. "That match should've dealt plenty of damage to him." he continued. "That's what matters the most." He looked at her with a smile.