Chapter X

3rd person's perspective

"Wait! Big oaf/ Onii-Chan" The two scientists cried, turning their heads just to see that it was too late.

The four of them looked at the black powder in shock as it made sparks until an explosion occurred as they ran away from it.

"We were lucky the explosion wasn't that big!" (Y/n) said, having exaggerated tears brimming in her eyes. 

"Hey, at least our gunpowder cooking was a huge success!" Senku exclaimed, looking at the smoking bag with a satisfied expression.

"I have no idea gunpowder was so powerful." Yuzuriha said. 

"There've been plenty of accidents where students lose a couple of limbs while experimenting on them." Senku said it with a smile like it was nothing to worry about.

Yuzuriha sweat-dropped. 

"It can be lethal." (Y/n) said. "But hey, we still got our limbs . . . right?" She made a nervous grin as if she's showing cowardice and bravery at the same time.

"We're attacking Tsukasa-Kun with this?" Yuzuriha asked, unsure about the situation. 

"No," He said with a sincere smile. one of the reasons why the younger Oki fell in love with him. "We're gonna make a deal."

The three of them looked at him with a questioning look. 

"Tsukasa isn't a mindless killer." He said. "Taiju, remember what he said when you went at him?"

Taiju thought about it. He remembered when the long-haired male told him that there's no deal being made just because the older Oki told him he could attack him as many times as he wants just for him to stop smashing all the statues. He nodded.

"In other words, in the right circumstances, we can negotiate with him."

"As long As we have a gunpowder weapon, we have leverage." (Y/n) said, crossing her arms. "I bet Tsukassan's thinking the same thing." She mumbled this part of the sentence.

'But if the negotiation doesn't go as plan . . .' He thought to himself. 'Then I guess I have to kill him.' 

=============================

The four of them have been pouring water on the smoking bag until it got weaker and weaker. 

The girls were getting water from the hot spring to be poured on the bag. When Yuzuriha looked straight upwards, Her eyes widened. She tapped the girl beside her as she looked at her in curiosity. When she saw the head-phoned girl looking at something, she followed her line of vision until she saw it too. 

"Senku-Kun, Taiju-Kun . . ." Yuzuriha called.

The two looked at her, then, they saw something unbelievable. 

'A smoke signal.' The four of them thought at the same time. 

"Tsukasa-Kun?" Yuzuriha exclaimed in shock and worry.

"No, that's in the opposite direction." (Y/n) said, cautious about the signal. 

"Tsukasa has no reason to reveal his location." Senku said. 

"What is it, then?" Taiju asked. "Forest fire?" 

"It's too well-timed to be a coincidence." Senku said, putting his finger under his chin. 

"It was raised in response to our smoke." (Y/n) said. "But what is it?!" She yelled, putting her hands beside her head, all stressed out because of what's happening around them.