Chapter XXXI

3rd Person's Perspective

"Well, aren't they close." Senku muttered walking towards them. He dragged (Y/n) away from Gen. "Come on, help me set the machine." He said with a stern tone of voice.

"Ehh?" She complained. "But Gen-San is teaching me Piglatin." She groaned. 'He jelly, ain't he?' She sighed.

==============================

Once they've set it up, the two brothers pulled the rope back and forth, screaming while the sugar crystal melts.

The three blonde females, Ruri, Kohaku, and Suika watched the candy in amazement.

"What's that fluffy stuff?" Kohaku asked, looking at the white strings with an amazed expression.

"Man, it smells good!" Ganen exclaimed behind Senku whose forehead was tied with a headband.

"The smell of cotton candy." (Y/n) muttered with sparkles in her eyes, looking at Senku holding a stick, about to put it in to get the soft stuff.

When he did that, the three blondes' eyes went wide. "It's so white, like a cloud." Suika muttered. 

Senku gave each one to the three blondes behind him. 

When they ate it, their eyes got hearts in it.

(Y/n) smiled at their reaction. 

Senku tapped her shoulders three times and gave her the cotton candy. "Here." He smiled.

"Thanks!" (Y/n) took it and pulled out a piece with her hand, rolling it to make it thicker. Then, she ate it with a smile on her face.

Senku chuckled at this. "You always do that with cotton candy." He said.

"Ehh, old habits die hard." She said, making a gesture. She looked at the villagers eating the cotton candy with a smile on her face. "We used to go to festivals and get cotton candy together." She chuckled at the memory.

"And Taiju tried catching a fish but failed miserably." He laughed.

"I know, right?" She looked at him with a big smile, making him blush. "It was actually for Yuzu-Nee." 

"You guys always force me to go."

"What? You never have breaks." 

Then, Gen walked up to the two, eating his share. "They've never had any actual cotton candy before." He said, making the two scientists look at him.

"Yeah." Senku said. "It's just cotton candy, but for someone who's never had it before, it must be a mind-blowingly pleasurable drug." 

"Gotta thank Homura-Chan for making the materials for us." He said, taking a bite.

Senku stopped for a while, thinking about something. "Gen." He called, catching the mentalist's attention. "Do you know what kind of woman Homura is?" He asked.

Ginro overheard his question and started elbowing him on the chest. "What's going on? Do you get curious about girls, too?" He asked, nudging him. 

Those caught the three sisters' and the pigtailed little girl's attention.

"Do you have a thing for petite girls?" He continued pestering him.

(Y/n) just laughed at this. 

Chrome interjected. "I don't think that's what he meant." He said.

"You guys don't know Senku very well." Kohaku muttered.

Senku's face went from annoyed to serious. "We're being watched." He said, looking from afar. "All of us, by that Homura chick."