Chapter XXXV

3rd person's perspective

Morning came in the land of stone.

They already finished crushing the tungsten into fine bits and pieces, creating dirty white powder. The female scientist fell asleep in the lab, so It's just Senku, Gen and the whole village now.

"We're done. What's next?" Magma asked, getting all sweaty from smashing the ore into fine bits.

Gen looked at the white powder, looming over Senku as the mad scientist was crouching down, feeling the powder from his hands. "I'm going to do some chemistry stuff to turn this powdered blue rock to turn it into toothpaste." He said, smiling in satisfaction.

"Right, you're doing chemistry stuff." Gen muttered, looking at Senku with an unfazed smile. "That stuff wouldn't do me any good to ask about."

"Lastly, we're going to get rid of the rust on the toothpaste stuff using Hydrogen, warm it up in a glass container, and it's done." Senku said while putting a portion of the white powdered pieces of tungsten in a small pouch. "It needs to be at least one thousand degrees. The hotter it is, the stronger the tungsten will be." 

Kaseki and Chrome were both standing in front of the furnace.

"So all we have to do is cook it." Kaseki said, touching the furnace with his palm.

"It's actually pretty easy." Chrome boasted  out.

Senku looked at the two in disbelief. " Are you two stupid?" He remarked. "What would happen to the glass container if you throw it in a fire that's a thousand degrees?"

Then, the two realized this and made a face, imagining what would happen. The . . . you know . . . the glass melting in a thousand degrees and the tungsten is still inside, chilling out just fine, still solid. Ye . . .

"We have to heat up just the tungsten toothpaste inside the glass container." Senku continued.

"Then we need a heating mechanism with pinpoint accuracy." Kaseki muttered, caressing his white beard. "How do we do it?" He asked, looking at the mad scientist with determined eyes.

"We don't have much time. Let's split the work." Senku said, still holding unto the leather pouch. " I'll deal with the toothpaste-making chemistry stuff after I wake that mini oaf in the lab." 

"So who's making the pinpoint heating mechanism?" Chrome asked. "Are there any other science users?" After asking that, he just realized something. His eyes went all sparkly and 'glimmery' as if he was just given an S class mission.

Senku smirked at his reaction. "Chrome," He called. "You know everything you need to make one from scratch." He continued, looking at Chrome as if saying 'I'm counting on you.' "Throw all the science tricks you've learned at it." He chuckled. "Or do you need Senku-Sensei's help?"

Chrome had this determined expression in his face. He was grinning widely. "Don't make me laugh." He remarked, smirking at the mad scientist in front of him. "I'm Chrome!" He exclaimed, pointing at himself. "I'm a smart-as-hell science user!" He declared.

Then, He and Senku did something . . . uhh, how to describe this? Ya know? That thing with the tag team championship game in the modern era as they walk pass each other dramatically.

"Don't come crying to me for help at your lab." Chrome said with those determined eyes.

"Yeah, we got the lab stuff." Senku said, looking at Chrome from behind. "I'm leaving you in charge of the heating team." 

Before the two could ever walk in their respective posts, Kaseki sighed. "You make me jealous." He said in a sad tone of voice. That made the two scientists attention focus on him. "You know how I always loved making things, even as a kid." He said, reminiscing the things from his past childhood years up to the current Kaseki we all know and love. "I made all sorts of things. Bridges, shields, so that people wouldn't look at me funny. Thanks to that, I get to pretend I'm still in the game, even at this age." He chuckled sadly. "But to be honest, I can't help but wish I had a maker buddy, too."