Chapter XVIII

3rd person's perspective

They were all back in front of Chrome's shed with a big pot of iron sand. 

"Good, you didn't lose your way." The mad scientist said, referring to the female one. 

She smiled sheepishly and scratched the back of her neck. "I'm going in the shed, for now." She said, walking towards the shed. "I could really use some grapes though." She mumbled.

"So the black sand we go from the river turns into this 'iron' stuff?" Suika asked, holding unto it.

"Yeah." Senku said while standing in front of what seems to be a balancing scale, measuring the quantity of iron and coal. "Mix four parts iron sand to one part coal and bake." 

"Hey, that's easy." Chrome exclaimed, looking at it.

Senku sighed. "It's harder than it sounds." He said. "It's not like making clay pots. The highest temperature we can get by burning wood is seven hundred degrees."

"And that's already in celsius." (Y/n) added, sitting down behind the open door in Chrome's shed, making everyone look at her. "But turning iron sand into iron requires one thousand and five hundred degrees Celcius."

"That's not even close to enough." Kohaku exclaimed. "What do we do?"

"We blow like hell." Senku said, making a blowing motion, walking towards the furnace he unbelievably made. "We'll send a ton of air and double the flame's damage output from seven hundred to a thousand and five hundred." He said, tossing some of the puffing contraction to all of them.

They all tested it out and was amused.

"This thing blows air?" Kohaku exclaimed excitedly. "With something useful, I could probably do it by myself." She smiled.

"I wouldn't say that, if I were you." (Y/n) laughed nervously.

Senku smirked. "You can make that claim once you've done it. We're never going to have enough manpower."

============================

"Warned you guys . . ." (Y/n) sighed as the four of them were huffing and puffing the furnace at a very fast speed non-stop. 

All of them were screaming their hearts out.

"DAMN IT!!!" Chrome exclaimed while puffing the furnace at a fast pace. "My arms are killing me!"

"Don't you dare take a break! It'll get cooler!" Senku exclaimed, still puffing air into the furnace at a high speed.

"How many more minutes are we doing this?!" Kohaku asked.

"Roughly . . . Another . . . Twenty to thirty hours." Senku said, exhausted while puffing the furnace slower and slower.

"Ironmaking is insane!" The three primitive people shouted at the same time.

Minutes later, Suika passed out on the ground, panting heavily.

"Don't push yourself, Suika!" Kohaku said while panting. "Take a break!" 

Suika frowned. 'I still can't make myself useful.' She thought.

==============================

It was already night time. All of them were exhausted puffing the furnace to a certain extent of heat.

All of them were sound asleep beside the furnace. Well, except for Senku who just woke up, having an uneasy feeling on his chest.

"Is this what it's like taking care of your sister, Taiju?" He grumbled. "I wonder how you do it, she's extremely a handful."

Meanwhile, (Y/n) was awake, standing upon a boulder beside the river with her hands behind her back. She was humming to Ed Sheeran's song while looking all sad, looking at the river, reflecting the light of the moon and stars.