Chapter XIII

3rd person's Perspective

'How dare he kidnap the great Oki (Y/n) and put me on a leash!' The sick girl thought, gritting her teeth. 'He's been tugging it for hours now!'

The two scientists were walking down the path, trying to find the people setting up the smoke signal from this morning. It was very peaceful. only the gusts of the wind through the trees and the sound of the birds chirping. except for the constant grumbling of the female. 

"You know I won't run right?" She started the conversation. "Onii-Chan is already far off the distance, considering that we walked in the opposite direction." 

Senku sighed. "I'm putting you on a leash for various reasons." He said. "One, social distancing. Two, If you'll pass out, I'd know, considering your legs are shaking." 

The girl blushed making the boy laugh.

"And three, I can always tug you." He smirked. "Revenge for choking me."

"Damn you." 

Suddenly, a huge thud was heard and a huge smoke explosion was seen below them. 

The two of them looked at each other and rushed towards the direction of the noise and smoke. They were panting. The scientists were shocked to see a blonde female stuck between a fallen tree trunk and the ground. 

"FANNY?!"

"You're the sorcerer gentleman who protected those women." The blonde said. "You're alive!"

The female scientist was about to go and help her but the male tugged on her leash, making her outbalanced. He first tied her up on a nearby branch and helped the girl.

"Dude! Let me help!" She begged. "She's Fanny from Mobile Legends!"

"No!" The male said. "I don't want you exerting force while you're sick." He rushed towards the blonde female and observed the tree. "Stop talking.  You can introduce yourself later. Don't waste your energy." He said, referring to the blonde-haired girl. "Can you hold out until evening?"

The girl looked at him with a questioning look. "If you're at your limit, I'll take a gamble and blow it up with the---"

"Don't even think about it, Ishigami-Sensei!" The female scientist said, taking off her leash with struggle.

"I told you not to---"

"My organs and bones are all fine. I can hold on." The blonde said, cutting him off.

"Senku, It'll be quicker if I help you." She said. "I may not be that good at crafting like Yuzu-Nee, but I---"

"I get it!" He yelled at the sick girl. "Just don't push yourself."

"I won't." She replied with a smile. Then, she started calculating. "It's about a ton." She started.

Senku was already cutting the tree, making it lighter and crafting wheels out of it. He was relying on the female's calculations.

 "Give it a good trim, it would make about five hundred fifty or more but less than six hundred." She mumbled biting her thumb. "Senku, how much do you weigh?"

"About sixty kilograms." He answered while putting the black powder on the center of the wheel, blowing up the center by little.

"Kay, so sixty multiplied by two-cube to get five hundred. Barely make it with three, but we'll pull it off with speed and precision." She said, putting the back of her fist on the palm of her hand. "Don't worry, Fanny. We'll save you."

"My name isn't Fanny."

"Just go along with it." The male sighed. "Hey, help me out here." He filled the bamboo with dirt. "Make the ropes." He called.