Chapter XX

3rd Person's perspective

"I'll take your word for it." Senku said, putting both of his hands on his hips. "Either way, there's no such thing as a free lunch."

"I don't like the look of that." (Y/n) shivered.

"Everyone who had ramen has work to do." He said in a sinister way.

==============================

Then, there was screaming. Pretty sure that It'll be heard through the whole forest. They were using an upgraded version of Senku's puffing contraption which is now made of bamboo. Even (Y/n) was now working, screaming the hell out.

"We upgraded the blowing function!" Chrome exclaimed with sparks in his eyes. "Iron mill furnace level two!"

Kohaku replaced the pigtailed girl who was flirting with Senku earlier that same day.

It was already sunset and they were almost finishing up with the last batch who were eating ramen. 

"I think this'll work if we take turns!" Kohaku exclaimed, liking the new furnace mill.

"How the fuck do you guys do this!" (Y/n) exclaimed, still puffing the furnace at full speed. "My arms are killing me!"

"That's what I said." Chrome sighed.

Despite Senku not letting her work, she insisted on doing it with that face of hers making him say yes.

He was behind Gen, wanting to ask questions while Gen was panting. "Asagiri Gen." He called. "How are Taiju and Yuzuriha doing?"

Gen sighed. "Oh, I see." He said, slowing down a little.

When the younger Oki heard this, she called Chrome to take her place and went towards Senku.

"You thought you could get me to fess up while I'm busting my ass." Gen sighed in exhaustion. "You have guts, pulling tricks like that on a mentalist."

(Y/n) paid attention, hearing both her brother and friend's names.

"Taiju-Chan's got an especially bottomless supply of strength." He continued, slowing down, looking at the two scientists. "You know, don't you, Senku-Chan, (Y/n)-Chan?"

Kohaku rushed to both of them. "He's definitely with the long-haired man." She stated with her sword at hand. "Should I kill him?"

"Hold it, Idiot." Senku said. Then, he smirked. "You knew ten billion percent that I was trying to make you talk. Why did you suddenly decide to admit that you were with Tsukasa?"

Gen stopped, looking at Senku. "The tides have now turned, now that I've seen this."

===================================

It was already night in the land of stone. The flames of the bonfire illuminating their place. 

Senku was on top of Chrome's shed, sitting down looking at the stars while Gen was staring at him in wonder.

Later, they were all gathered in front of the furnace as Senku went and carefully took out the melted iron from it and poured it slowly into a wooden mold.

"My job is to confirm that you're dead." He said, referring to Senku. "And (Y/n)-Chan," He smiled. "My job is to retrieve you if you're still alive."

Then, The female's eyes widened.

"'Tsukasa, Senku is alive.' With that, you'll be done." He stated. "That was the plan." He stopped for a moment looking down on his feet. then, he raised his head again. "But if you completed your iron weapons, there's no telling who will win."