chapter III

(Y/n)'s POV

"It's a beautiful morning today!" I exclaimed while stretching my arms up. It's so freakin warm and sunny, and the flowers are blooming.

Onii-Chan was hunting for food while Senku and I did our own thing.

I was busy running around, scoping the territory and then, saw Onii-Chan and Senku. Onii-Chan was carrying a back sack with lots of food. I ran towards them and Onii-Chan put it down.

"It's so many!" I exclaimed. "But . . . Is it edible?" I put my hand on my chin, looking at the bag of herbs and mushrooms.

"What kind of cheat gave you that stamina?" Senku asked, impressed of what Onii-Chan did. He walked closer to the bag, holding two baskets. Sorting things?

I was thinking I could see Onii-Chan's haul so I walked closer to Senku. But then, I shrieked when saw what was in the bag that is filled with inedible things. "Amanita Virosa? Amanita Muscaria? Monkshood?!" I exclaimed and looked at Onii-Chan. "Are ya trying to kill us?!"

I love my older brother, but sometimes, he's just a total idiot . . .

==========================

Third person's perspective

"Yum!" Taiju exclaimed, eating his food. "How did you season this?"

The three of them were gathered at a small bonfire with food surrounding it. The three of them were eating the lunch that the male scientist did.

"It's just salt that I pulled from seawater." Senku replied. "Humans can enjoy just about anything with a pinch of salt. It's important for pickling, too." He continued as he took a pinch of salt from the small container and put it on his food.

"It's probably primitive man's greatest discovery." (Y/n) said, with her mouth full of food. "Didn't know you can cook till six moths ago, Ishigami-Sensei." She smirked, teasing the male scientist, nudging him a little.

"Quit it, will you?"

"Thank you, Senku, for everything." The boy said. "I'm going to make up for the thinking that I can't do with brute force and diligence!" He said as he walked off to find more food for the three of them.

"Ah! Onii-Chan, hold up! Wait for me!" The female said as she left the poor scientist alone there, who was just sitting, eating his food.

============================

"Ooh! Grapes!" The younger Oki exclaimed, seeing the purple colored grapes hanging on the tree.

"Hey, they're wild." The older one said, picking up a batch of the wild berries. "Are these edible?"

"Of course they are!" (Y/n) exclaimed running in front of her older brother. "Ka-Chan used to buy . . ." She stopped herself from talking. Not trusting her voice anymore as tears began pouring down her cheeks, the memories of her mother was flooding down on her mind. "Ka-Chan used to buy grapes . . . For . . . Us." She stifled as she wiped her tears away, not wanting to be seen by her brother that she's crying.

Taiju wrapped his arms around his younger sister making her a little surprised, but returned it anyway. "It's okay, let it all out." He said, trying to comfort the poor girl. "I'm still here, you know? You're not alone."

"Arigatou, Onii-Chan. (Thank you, big brother.)" She said as she pulled away from the hug. "I'm okay now." She continued, smiling at her brother.

Both of them were caught off guard with what happened three thousand seven hundred years ago, so it's normal that one of them will break down sooner or later. All of the human race were wiped out, and they're the only ones who had been released from petrification.