Chapter XXXVII

3rd person's perspective

"Hey, Senku." Chrome called. "Does that mean that 'record' thing can trap sounds?"

"B - b - but you can't even catch sound." Suika justified.

"I'm so confused." Kohaku muttered. "How?"

"The way a record works is ridiculously simple." Senku explained. "You make a needle vibrate with dound, which digs grooves into the record. And then, if you run a needle over the grooves to vibrate it, it'll make the same sound dug to them." 

"Digging grooves in glass makes it store sound?" Kaseki asked. "That's a surprise."

"Senku's dad is awesome!" Chrome exclaimed.

"I agree with you on that Chrome." (Y/n) exclaimed, as they looked at each other with admiration in their eyes.

"Nah, that's not true." Senku said, picking his ear with his pinky. "Byakuya couldn't have done it. It must've been the people with him that made it." 

"I can literally see Byakuya-San's ghost flinching in the background." (Y/n) sighed.

"Astronauts are all science elites." Senku continued. "All of them except Byakuya, who got in by luck." He chuckled. "Although he might've been the one who came up with the idea. He's the only one who'd think of something so lame."

(Y/n) sighed. "He keeps dissing his own dad and still cries when he found his grave." She muttered.

"Senku, you can cry?" Kohaku and Chrome asked with a shocked expression.

"Hey, eyes have liquid in them, of course I'd cry when it's overdue." Senku protested.

(Y/n) just chuckled at his reaction.

"We can make a record player pretty easily using the things we've made so far." Senku said.

They were all inside the lab with the materials they need. "We'll use the gear from the cotton candy machine."

"I went and got it." Suika smiled.

"Hah, destroying Father's shield was well worth it." Kohaku remarked. "It's doing so much good."

"Your father's happy as long as it's useful to you." Kokuyo said with a sad smile, lifting the gear made from the shield he gave her.

"This is how people become cogs in society as they get older." Gen muttered.

"literally." (Y/n) agreed.

"No one asked for your words of wisdom." Senku said.

"I'm back." Ruri said, carrying a piece of cloth that has a needle above it. "I use this when I'm knitting."

Senku took it. "This is perfect." He said. "A bone needle." He took the needle above the cloth. "The playback side of making a record is dead easy." 

"But recording is another matter." (Y/n) sighed. "Byakuya-San and the others were cutting glass so they needed something hard."

"Yeah." Chrome agreed. "Like corundum or diamond, right?"

Then, they all began working on the record player. (Y/n) was thinking about how they got through in the stone world from scratch without modern civilization. 'Well, Byakuya-San and the others were lucky the remains of modern tech were still with them that time.' She sighed, looking at the people. 'Thanks for your descendants, everyone.'

Record player acquired!!

"That took no time at all!" Chrome exclaimed looking at it.

Then, all of the villagers, I mean all of them. They gathered in front of the laboratory to hear the voices. A lot of murmurs were heard from them.