Chapter XI

3rd Persons Perspective

"I'm the one who taught Senku the formula! So please, Kill me. Not him" 

Senku was shocked and angered at the same time. Yuzuriha's tears were cascading down her face. Tsukasa was just as shocked as the two people standing up. 

'I jinxed it. Again.' She thought.

"Why did you tell him?!" Senku exclaimed.

"You're the one whos going to!" She stood up with tears in her eyes. "I'd rather die than have you get killed!" she quivered, then, forced a smile. "One scientist is enough."

"Do you think he's gonna let me off if you'd tell him?!"

Tsukasa let out a chuckle, catching everyone's attention. "Thank you, (Y/n). " He said. "However, I have no reason to kill you." He came off in a serious tone, letting Yuzuriha go, and coming towards her. "You're already dying."

"Let her go, Tsukasa." Senku stepped forward, ignoring what the said male said, not even wanting to believe him. "She has nothing to do with this. I did everything they just helped me."

"S-Senku . . ."

"Very well then, if I let you live," Tsukasa said. "You would let civilization develop. Will you promise that you wouldn't do that?"

Senku laughed. "What the hell are you talking about?" He said. "Why would I even keep a promise like---"

"No, you would never lie." Tsukasa Cut him off. "Not to science."

There was a brief moment of silence before he continued again. 

"Will you promise here and now, for all eternity, that you'll abandon science?" His eyes softened. "If you do,  won't have to kill you, Senku."

All of them held a surprised expression on their faces.

Then, Memories from where he first had a passion for science. From where he announced going into space during his first grade. The books he read as a kid, even dismantling his game console. To his father who sold his car just to buy materials for his experiments. His first experiment with a magnifying glass and a paper,  how he cooked iron sand and aluminum foil almost melting the pan he was using, and the machine that he made, using liquid oxygen. Meeting the Oki siblings in primary school and meeting Yuzurhia in middle school. How he made spaceships until it worked and reached outer space.

 Then, He decided. "You can accomplish anything through diligent application of science." He said.

'Ah, I really did something stupid, didn't I?'

"Senku, I'd rather not kill you if I can help it." Tsukasa said. "I'll ask again. will you promise me here and now that you'll abandon science?" He asked in a serious tone.

He paused for a moment, then, answered his question. "I can't do that." He confidently said.

"I thought that'd be your answer." Tsukasa smiled.

Senku chuckled. "What are you babbling about?" He asked. "You were going to kill me at some point even if someone helped me. No matter how I answered. "To be on the safe side."

Tsukasa paused for a moment before answering him. "Perhaps." He said.

He cracked his neck as if he was making a gesture. "Do it in one blow." He said. "Making me bleed out forever wouldn't be logical for either of us." 

 (Y/n) gasped, remembering something Senku told her the time they were alone in their journey. 

"Listen, (Y/n), a small portion on the back of my neck is still petrified. Remember what I said when the revival fluid cured Yuzuriha's pain on her petrified toes?" Senku said as he got closer to her.