Chapter XII

3rd person's POV

"Wake up! Senku! I know you won't die in a place like this!" Taiju Yelled, believing in his childhood friend. "I'll believe in you and wait as long as it takes." He trembled, still crying. "I'm hopeless without you!"

In a dramatic term of events, Senku's eyes began to brighten up, and life was with him once again. The rain slowly let up and the sun shone down its rays of light again. The three of them looked up in the sky. Taiju stood up and said, holding his hands up. "It stopped raining."

Yuzuriha stood up as she put her hands in a certain position, feeling if the rain is still dripping down the clouds.

(Y/n) just sat down, feeling comfortable, leaning on the tree.

"The thunderstorm that was keeping us camouflaged is gone. You shouldn't be raising your voices. If Tsukasa hears us, we'll be instantly screwed."

"You're right." Taiju said, Looking all over the place, turning his back around the lying body.

Yuzuriha looked on the opposite side, checking if Tsukasa is still on their tail. "He's not coming, is he?"

"I'm literally running at full speed if that happens." (Y/n) said, in a running position, as if she was ready to trample on Senku's body to escape.

The three of them were shocked, almost frozen in place. When hey looked around, they saw Senku, standing up holding a bottle with the yellow fluid dripping down on it while holding his neck with his free hand. He laughed. "I'm impressed you noticed my gestures. I barely gave you hints." He said. "Taiju, Yuzuriha, you both get ten billion points."

Their eyes lit up. "Oh, Except for you, (Y/n) I already told you this, didn't I?"

"Damn you!" The said girl said with an angry expression holding up her ring finger since she couldn't hold up the middle one (Taiju remember?).

"Sen . . ." Yuzuriha mumbled.

"Ku . . ." Taiju continued. Taiju screamed, still in tears as he approached Senku and hugged him like there's no tomorrow.

He kicked Taiju off of him as he said; "Forget my cervical nerve, you just crushed my entire body! I'll kill you!" He was breathing heavily.

It was seen in Yuzuriha's eyes that she wanted to thank him.

"I'm sure you know not to." He said, noticing the vibe she was giving. "But don't go thanking me for every little thing. I won't thank you either."

Her eyes started brimming with tears as she hummed in response. "Welcome back, Senku-Kun."

Then, all of a sudden, (Y/n) fell on her knees, holding her chest.

They heard a thud from her direction and saw her all flushed up, breathing heavily as if she was gasping for air.

"(Y/n)!" Taiju exclaimed as all of them ran to her side.

"Are you okay?" Yuzuriha exclaimed.

"I told you not to push yourself!" He scolded her while holding her by the shoulder and her hand, supporting her.

"I told you I'm fine!" She panted. "It's just a mild cough, nothing to worry---"

"You were always like this even when we were kids." Taiju cut her off.

"How many times do we have to tell you, your immune system is to weak! You can't even stand in the rain without getting a cold or a fever in seconds." Senku scolded.

(Y/n) was silent for a moment, biting her lower lip guiltily.

Senku sighed. "When did this happen?" He asked. more like demanded.