Chapter VIII

3rd person's perspective

"Thank goodness." Yuzuriha sighed in relief, knowing that Taiju was still alive and kicking. 

(Y/n) was still shaken up about what happened to her brother. Almost as if she's about to lose him. but in a few minutes, she calmed down a bit.

Taiju was smiling. Then, she remembered Tsukasa's murder spree. "Right! Tsukasa!" He exclaimed. "We need to stop his murdering!" He attempted to go after him but Senku stopped him just in time.

"Hold it, Big oaf," He said, holding him by his belt. 

"I'm not giving up!" He continued running, almost pulling Senku because of how strong he is.

"How simple-minded can you be?" Senku exclaimed. "We just learned that we can't stop him!"

When Taiju stopped trying to run, the said male let go of him. 

"Still . . ." He said. 

Senku chuckled and walked towards the arrow, pulling it out of the ground. "There's only one way to stop a monster in this stone world." He said and looked at the three. "Advance civilization and make weapons of science."

===========================

The three people were inside the treehouse. two of them were looking at the one who was wrecking all of the earthenware they made.

"Such a waste." Yuzuriha said.

"What are you doing, Senku?" Taiju asked.

"I'm making it look like Tsukasa freaked us out and made us run with our food." He said and stopped wrecking all the stuff on the ground.

"What are you talking about?" Taiju asked. "Are we running away?"

"It's just an act." He said and looked at the two. "If we make weapons of science before he takes notice, we win. if he finds out we lose. That's the kind of race this is."

At the same time, the girl was in the laboratory carrying necessary pieces of equipment and coughed silently. 

After they were done with their own business, they met up outside, planning what they're gonna do next.

"We're going to find materials to make weapons." Senku said. "Our goal is Hakone!"

And just like that, their eighty-kilometer adventure started.

"Two full marathons, huh?" Taiju thought aloud. "Five hours ought to do it." He smiled. 

"Only for a meathead like you." Senku took a glance at him and looked forward again.

The two girls chuckled at their behavior.

Then, they saw falling petals on the way. Yuzuriha looked at it and there they saw cherry blossoms. well, they've become different.    

"The cherry blossoms seem different." She mumbled.

"The cherry blossoms we know aren't self-pollinating." (Y/n) explained. "The Prunus yedoensis typa cherry blossoms we know are already extinct."

They were all walking towards their destination peacefully. it was really quiet. only the rustling of the plants, the wind, and the constant silent hums of a certain female.

Then, they were already walking on top of a rocky mountain. While looking at the landscape, Taiju spotted a scenery more beautiful than any other sceneries they've seen.

"Perfect." Senku mumbled as he randomly pulled out a sextant.

Taiju took notice and asked, pointing at it. "What's that, Senku?"