New World, New Beginning

My brother and I arrived here last week through a break in the space-time continuum. In the rift we were only given 5 simple words as instructions "Go to the Avengers Compound," seems simple enough. We begin making our way from downtown Brooklyn to Upstate New York where the compound in our world was. After a long 3 hour trip we arrive. James and I stand in shock as we look at the compound where we grew up. We never lived at the compound, but spent most of our childhood there because of our dad. James and I always loved the compound it was filled with gadgets and gizmos for us to stay entertained. Not to mention the incredible amount of food and people. It was where we learned to fight, got an education, made friends, trained, and spent most of our time. As we walked up to the main building, we were greeted by none other than Happy Hogan. One of our many "aunts and uncles," as dad called the avengers although they weren't blood related. Happy saw us coming and immediately asked who we were and what we were doing. "Were Sarah and James Rogers, and were instructed to come here," I spoke, to a slightly alarmed happy. When he heard the last name HIS face softened, "Rogers?" He questioned. James answered with a swift "yes, sir." Happy took us inside to a conference room and began to ask questions to figure out how and when Cap had kids. We sat down in chairs and happy only spoke one word, "explain." I started explaining what we thought had happened, James isn't the loudest of the Rogers kids. "We were sitting in the compound, this compound, when we were both sent through a rift, inside the rift all we heard was 'go to the avengers compound' just like that, there we were, standing on the streets of Brooklyn, with those 5 words as instructions." Happy simply replied with "this compound?" I giggled a bit until James gave me a quick side eye. I explained that we were from another Earth. Earth- 9812 to be exact. After some more questioning and explaining Happy walked us around the compound and began introducing us to everyone we saw. Peter Parker, spiderman, dad always used to call him Queens. Bruce Banner, hulk, who's now "professor hulk" in this world. Scott Lang, Ant-man, uncle Sam always called him tic-tac for whatever reason. Wanda Maximoff, Scarlett Witch, I wonder where Pietro is? Etc. Happy was just taking us through all the floors in the compound and walking through each building, until we came to the kitchen, one of the many kitchens. We turned the corner and there stood Bucky. Uncle Bucky. The Bucky we have never met, but knew him all too well thanks to dad's stories, and pictures of the two of them all over the house. But there he was, standing right there. James nearly collapsed, after all he's named after Bucky. Happy begins to introduce us to bucky. "Bucky this is Sarah and James Rogers..." Bucky's sandwich fell out of his hand when Happy said Rogers. "Rogers?" Bucky questioned, I stepped closer and said "Yes, Sarah and James Rogers. Daughter and Son of Steve Rogers." His eyes went wide and his jaw dropped. He walked up to me and I looked up at him, "I'll be damned," he spoke below his breath. "Sarah after... his mom, and James after..." "You," James said softly. After James said that Bucky quickly pulled us both in for a tight hug. A single tear streaming down his face he knew at that moment he was gonna protect us with his life, something he couldn't do for my dad. I assume while Uncle Bucky was hugging James and I, Happy walked away. Bucky looked down at the two of us in adoration about how much we looked like my dad. He then looked down at my arm and saw it. The shield. My dad's shield, Uncle tony made one for me when I turned 13 because that was when I was finally allowed to go on missions. James opted out of the shield, he didn't want one, but Tony made one for him just in case. James had never used it and is never planning to. But I always had mine, including now. He softly lifted my arm up and ran his fingers over the shield, then his eyes lit up and went "follow me!" Then turned and ran. We followed him back to the main building, into the elevator, and up to a floor, Steve's floor. He ran to a wall and punched in an access code and the wall opened to expose my dad's collection of shields. He had a habit of losing them. Bucky walked us over to a couch and we all sat down, we began talking about my dad.