First Mission pt.2

.... We were instead met by 4 agents, guards of the target is my guess. They came up to us and started throwing kicks and punches as you do. Their technique was shotty and quite laughable to be honest. Natasha and I took the guys on with no problems and they were on the ground in seconds. We strutted our way down the stairs and into the car where Happy had been sitting, watching us beat up 4 grown ass men. We hopped in and began the drive home.

30 minutes later...

We arrived back at the compound around 10 and I went straight upstairs, just to let dad know that I was home and safe. I walked out of the elevator and there he was, sitting on the couch facing away from the elevator probably worried sick. I walked up behind him and hugged him. He jumped up off the couch and picked me up, hugging me tight. Under his breath I heard him say "Oh, thank god" I smiled and replied "I'm okay, dad" he put me down and looked at me, seeing if I was injured in any way before pulling me back in for a hug. I laughed and hugged him back. I pulled away and said I was tired and was gonna go to bed. He said okay and I made my way back to my bedroom to get changed. Dad walked in a few minutes later to hug and kiss me goodnight. "I was really worried about you..." He began "Dad, I'm gonna be fine, I have the best trainers in the world, the best backup on the planet, and most importantly the best family to keep me going" I cut him off "I know but I worry, I'm glad you got through it okay" he replied ignoring my comments. "Ill be okay, dad. I come from the world's best soldier and the world's best dad." I responded trying to ease his worry "I know, kid. I love you, and I know the situation is a bit weird but I'm still your dad." He said caringly "I love you too, dad. You're always gonna be my dad, no matter what universe." I said leaning in for a hug "Goodnight, kiddo" he said hugging me tight. "Goodnight, dad" I replied pulling away from the hug with a smile. I played back down on my bed and pulled the covers back over me. Dad kissed me on the forehead then walked out of the door, leaving it cracked. I couldn't ask for a better weird, ridiculous, loving, kinda psychotic? Family. I thought to myself as I dozed off to sleep.

[This chapter was a bit shorter than the others. How do you like the story so far?]