Dad.....?

James and I made our way down to the basement where Tony's lab was. This lab specifically is where he made everyone's suits and gadgets. We were greeted by Happy and Peter who said they had a surprise for us. Peter then pressed a button and the wall rotated open to expose 2 new suits, one for me and one for James. They were both gorgeous and my jaw dropped at the sight of them. The classic Rogers red, white, and blue a crop top and pants accented with a thigh holster and some other weapons for me and for James my dad's classic full suit with the word America in small letters on the side of the cowel. Looking at the new suit made me think of when I got my first suit. It was my 13th birthday, the year i was finally allowed to go on missions with my dad and the avengers. That day my dad and uncle Tony presented me with my first suit, my dad and I made concept designs about 2 months prior to my birthday just to brainstorm and there it was. My blue crop top with a star in the center, stripes coming down to just above my bellybutton, blue pants with diagonal red and white stripes on each side seam forming a 'V' shape, with my very own shield and thigh holster (per my request). "Try them on" Peter spoke with a gentleness in his voice. This was his first time making suits for someone who wasn't himself, so he wanted to make sure he got everything right. We walked into different rooms and put them on, they fit perfectly. James suggested we take them for a test run on the obstacle course, to which I agreed. James and I raced through the obstacle course a few times with Peter joining us for a few, we were all having fun until we heard the loud sound of one of the avengers helicopters about to land on the grass next to us. We quickly shuffled out of the way and walked inside to avoid debris and the noise. Peter suggested the gaming room and we agreed. We decided to battle each other in MarioKart because we are normal teenagers. After a few rounds of violent yelling at the TV, some webs flying, and 5 solid victories for me we decided to call it quits and go get changed out of our suits. Peter and I exchanged some final smack talk as we went our separate ways him to Tony's floor and us to Steve's. We walked from the elevators to our separate rooms and changed into something comfy. An oversized t-shirt with my dad's shield logo on the front and the word "Rogers" on the back and some Nike Pros. James changed into a muscle tee with the avengers logo on it and a pair of basketball shorts. We walked back out to the main living area and I began to cook up burgers, they were dad's favorite. I made 6 in total one for me, one for James, and 4 extra for anyone who wanted them. Just as I was about to send out the memo through FRIDAY's system about the burgers the elevator dinged to signal someone was about to enter the floor. Unless someone smelled the burgers before the message was sent, we weren't expecting anyone. Also the kitchen isn't in a direct line of view to the elevator so we couldn't see who it was and they couldn't see us. The elevator door opened and we heard a voice, a familiar voice. James and I looked at each other confused because we knew the voice. I peered around the corner towards the voice and James followed. We walked around the corner and there he was, standing right in front of us. Just as confused as we were staring at each other, not saying a word until James spoke softly "dad..?"