Test Day Pt. 3

[TW: mentions of abuse and death]

I opened my eyes and slowly turned over to get out of bed. I noticed the slip of paper on my nightstand, it had my cover for the day on it. I grabbed the piece of paper sitting against my headboard and read it.

Goodmorning Sarah, as you know today is test day 3: cover day. Your cover for the day is a 15 year old girl, she is romanian. Both of her parents died in a car accident 3 years ago, she lives with her abusive aunt and talks about it a lot. She puts on a smile around everyone but has an undertone of sadness; the rest of her personality is up to you, be creative and believable.
                         XOXO, Dad
I can do that no problem. I put on a pair of adidas track pants that were slightly loose fitting and a crop top that was a bit long and loose as well. While I was getting ready I kept trying to think of a name, I came up with Adeline Baciu; she goes by Lila most of the time. I left my hair down and kept it straight, along with putting on mascara and winged eyeliner. I looked in the mirror and thought yea this isn't me before smiling and walking out. The rules of the day were simple

Cover day Rules
1. Don't respond to your real name
2. No superpowers

See, simple. I walked out of my room and into James', I picked up his paper and read it before walking back out and taking the elevator downstairs. "Morning" I said in a romanian accent with sass laced in my voice. Dad, um, Steve was in the kitchen making breakfast, when I walked in I didn't walk over to him and give him a hug, offer to help, or say goodmorning dad like I usually do letting him know I was in cover. "Hi, what's your name?" He asked, "Adeline Baciu, but everyone calls me Lila... you will also, call me Lila" I spoke still in a romanian accent, my dad brushed off the bit of sass in my voice and responded, "So Lila, tell me about yourself," I knew what he was trying to do and therefore I said, "well my parents died 3 years ago in car accident and I got stuck with my aunt who loves to call me worthless and beat me. I was a good student but when my parents died everything went downhill but, I still put on a smile because if I don't my aunt will whoop my ass." He looked at me, kind of shocked yet surprised and proud at how detailed I made the cover.

The day was mostly just the parents trying to get us to break cover by playing tricks calling us by our real names, asking about past missions, asking about powers, etc. The entire purpose of the day is to test our reactions when were undercover in stressful situations. Ethan was the first to break which surprised no one because he was the newest, he'll learn, next went Peter, Tony broke him. The competition was down to James and I, neither of us planned on breaking anytime soon. By 7 o'clock the parents said we were allowed to break cover because they needed to talk to us about something important. I made my way back up to my room and changed into Avengers sweatpants and a loose fitting black crop top. I took off my makeup and put my hair back up into my classic ponytail before walking back downstairs and sitting at the extravagantly large office table Tony had custom made for our meetings. Everyone sat at the table and conversed amongst themselves waiting for the meeting to start. It was standard, nothing shocking or out of the ordinary, we were told upcoming missions and who should go on them, training progress from the young avengers, and discussed concerns within the compound. After that we ate pizza because no-one felt like cooking. Wanda volunteered to clean the kitchen so everyone made their ways to their floors and did their nightly routines before bed. "Goodnight, Sarah, I love you" were the last words I heard my dad say before I drifted off to sleep.

[AN: I'M SO SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN FOREVER. IT TOOK ME A WHILE TO FINISH THIS CHAPTER BUT BEING THAT IT'S CHRISTMASTIME I SHOULD HAVE MORE FREETIME TO UPDATE!! I HOPE EVERYONE IS ENJOYING THE BOOK SO FAR!]