6. MALUM MALUS

CHAPTER SIX

MALUM MALUS. 

AS ECHO SPELLMAN WAS STROLLING out of Baxter High after yet another boring day of school, she quickly got stopped by her twin sister, who sported a look on her face which caused the redhead to instantly know the blonde wanted something from her.

"What do you need, Brina?" Echo questioned, folding her arms over her chest causing her leather jacket to squeak quietly from the movement.

Sabrina looked taken back, "What makes you think I need something from you, sister?"

Echo didn't answer, instead, she raised her eyebrow and tilted her head slightly to the right, not breaking eye contact with Sabrina.

"Okay fine, can you come with me and Harvey to the orchard?"

"I don't really feel like third wheeling, Brina," Echo answered, she then walked around her sister and began to walk away when she felt Sabrina's hand grabbed her wrist and pull her around.

"I need to find a malum malus," Sabrina explained in a hushed tone, her eyes looking around just in case someone heard.

"How do you know about the malum malus?" Echo questioned, "I swear you haven't read any witchy books."

"Ambrose told me about it this morning," The blonde explained, "And I really need to find it. Please, will you come with me?" Sabrina pleaded, smiling innocently at her sister.

"Urgh," Echo groaned before nodded, "Fine. I'll go, this one time."

Sabrina's lips widened and she let out an excited squeal, "Thank you, thank you! Come on, let's go!" She pulled Echo along towards Harvey's run down jeep.

-

THE TWINS STROLLED SIDE BY side towards the Hay Maze at the orchard, whilst Harvey went a different way to pick up a couple of pumpkins for his Halloween decoration.

"You sure you wanna do this?" Echo questioned, glancing at her sister.

Sabrina let out a sigh, "I am," She nodded and with a deep breath the blonde was the first to step into the maze, Echo hot on her heels; who, took a quick glance behind herself just in case anyone was watching them.