21. AN EXORCISM IN GREENDALE

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

AN EXORCISM IN GREENDALE

ECHO SPELLMAN WAS BACK HOME. She didn't really know where Sabrina was - either in her own room or at Harvey's - whilst she and Ambrose searched all their witch books to find out about the trapping stone. 

The pair didn't even notice the sun coming up over the horizon, they were too immersed in finding out exactly what demon was inside Uncle Jesse.

"I think I got him," Echo finally stated.

Ambrose glanced over the top of his book, "Go on."

"Apophis. His name is Aphophis," Echo explained, moving the book towards Ambrose to show him the drawing of the same snake that was on the trapping stones, "If we fuse the pieces together, I can trap the demon, right?" She glanced over at her cousin.

Ambrose picked up the trapping stones. He held them together as he clicked his tongue, before looking back at Echo, "You'll have to get it out of Jesse Putnam first."

-

"ORIGINALLY, FROM THE TIME OF Homer, the word 'demon' was used to describe a being of benevolence..." Father Blackwood explained. 

The Spellman twins were back at the Academy, however, it was almost impossible for Echo to concentrate in her classes; she was constantly thinking about Jesse Putnam. Nicholas was quick to notice the distracted look on her face and quickly nudged her side, smiling softly.

Echo snapped back into reality thanks to Nick, but also thanks to Sabrina; the blonde decided that the best person to ask about exorcisms was Father Blackwood, that of course confused him and also caused the Weird Sisters to practically howl with laughter.

"Exorcisms are a Catholic rite in which male priests call upon the False God, for assistance to expel demons, " Prudence explained in an obvious tone of voice.

"Correct," Father Blackwood nodded, "Now, as I was saying the ancient Assyrians, particularly, were--Yes, Miss Spellman?"

Echo glanced to the side, groaning in annoyance when she spotted Sabrina's hand up in the air.

"My friend's uncle is being possessed by a demon," She glanced over at her sister before turning her attention back to Father Blackwood, "What if this brings unwanted attention to the witches of Greendale?"