20. MINES AND WITCHY TEACHERS

CHAPTER TWENTY

MINES AND WITCHY TEACHERS.

"IT FELT LIKE HE WAS slithering down my throat," Echo stated as she sat on Ambrose's bed. He and Sabrina watched her carefully.

"How did he do that?" The blonde asked, her face was contoured with pure confusion, "How could he touch you?"

"Must be a higher demon," Ambrose answered.

Echo nodded, "Some of them can lay hands on your astral body if they find you in the realm," She added, her voice slightly crackly from her near-death experience, "I wasn't expecting him to be that strong."

"Did you get his name?" Sabrina asked.

Echo snorted, "Maerceci."

Both Sabrina and Ambrose looked confused.

"Can't say it rings any bells," Ambrose stated.

"Of course it doesn't..." Echo stated as she stood up off the bed. The black haired witch made her way over to Ambrose's desk and began scribbling on a blank piece of paper.

"Maybe you can ask Nicholas or Father Blackwood?" Sabrina suggested.

Echo shook her head. She didn't say anything as she passed the piece of paper over to Ambrose. He carefully inspected it before bursting out into laughter merely seconds later as he figured out what the name actually spelt.

"What?" The blonde asked, glancing between her twin and cousin.

"He's a bastard that loves wordplay," Echo stated, she grabbed the piece of paper from Ambrose and showed it to Sabrina.

"Ice cream?"

"Demons have an awful sense of humour," Ambrose explained, "Can you blame them? They live in hell."

"Wait, so you didn't actually find out anything?" Sabrina asked, turning her gaze to Echo.

"I kind of was busy almost dying," Echo retorted, "But he did say something about Jesse setting him free. Jesse worked in the mines before this, didn't he?"

Sabrina's eyes widened in realisation. Without a word, the blonde haired teen turned around and stormed right out of Ambrose's room, leaving Echo and Ambrose looking confused.

"Cousin? Where are you going?" Ambrose shouted after her, "Echo almost died!"

"Glad to see that you care!" Echo shouted afterwards, but nothing made the blonde turn back around. Echo scoffed, "Typical Sabrina," She muttered under her breath. 

Ambrose sent her a apologetic smile.

"Thank you, Ambrose, for saving my life," Echo said genuinely. She walked over to her cousin and pulled him into a side hug, placing a quick kiss on his cheek before pulling away and making her way towards the door.