16. TRAPPING A DEMON

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

TRAPPING A DEMON.

AFTER THE WHOLE HARROWING ORDEAL, Echo did the unexpected; she helped Sabrina sneak one of their father's journals out of the Academy back home for the weekend. 

The black haired witch was enjoying her night back at home, as much as she loved the Academy, she loved her weekends at home even more. She flicked through one of her many spell books, whilst Vulpecula was perched up on the bed besides Echo, licking her paw before her ears perked up. The familiar began hissing loudly at the door, catching Echo's attention. 

"What is it, Vulpecula?" Echo asked, closing her book before she placed it down onto her desk. 

Suddenly, a loud scream echoed through the house, causing the black haired witch to jump up out of her seat. Her heart hammering loudly in her chest, "Sabrina," She whispered to herself before rushing over to her bedroom door, swinging it open - causing it to nearly fall off its hinges - before she ran down the hall.

Adrenaline rushed through her veins, and before she knew it she bumped into a figure that was running the other way. Regaining her balance, Echo glanced down at the blonde haired girl; who was clearly distressed, "What the hell happened, Sabrina?"

"No time to explain," The blonde replied out of breath, "Come on," She grabbed hold of her twin's wrist before she pulled her along to their aunts' bedroom, slamming the door loudly once they were both inside.

"Sabrina? Echo?" Zelda asked in an confused tone of voice, she jumped off her bed as Hilda did the same.

"Wha-What's the matter?" Aunt Hilda questioned, looking between the two young witches.

"When I solved the puzzle..." Sabrina panted, "...The Acheron Configuration, it set a demon free, and now its loose!"

"What kind of demon?" Aunt Zelda asked at the very same time as Hilda questioned, "In the house?"

"I do-don't know," Sabrina shook her head, "A demon-demon. A scary demon."

"Calm down," Zelda ordered as she placed her slippers on her feet, "If the entity came out of the Acheron Configuration, it can be put back into the Configuration," She explained, stepping forwards, "Where is it? The puzzle box?" She held her hand out to Sabrina.

Echo turned to look at her younger twin, noticing the sheer look of panic on her face.

"I must've left it in my room."

"Spellmans," A raspy voice came from the outside of the bedroom, seconds before loud banging started up.

"Well shit," Echo commented.

"Well, this is simply perfect," Zelda added sarcastically, she turned away from the two girls and walked over to a wall.

"Come on," Aunt Hilda shepherd the twins over towards Zelda as the older witch opened a secret doorway.

Echo could still hear the demon banging on the door as she, Sabrina, Hilda and Zelda rushed through secret passage ways of the house, before they ended up downstairs where Ambrose met them after he heard the loud shrieking sound from upstairs.

"Sabrina, what the devil is going on?" He asked, spotting the blonde first before looking worried when he noticed Echo, Hilda and Zelda all rushing towards them; everyone dressed in their pyjamas.

"Not the devil, Ambrose, a demon!" Sabrina replied, panting loudly, "In the house," She added in a whisper.

"What do you mean 'a demon'?" Ambrose asked, a worried look washing over his face as he rushed over to the witches, "What kind of demon?"

"Whatever kind it is, we have protocols in place," Zelda stated.

"We do?" Aunt Hilda asked with a confused expression on her face.

"We seal the house to contain the entity, to prevent it from escaping into the world, where it would cause rampant, wanton chaos."

"Oh, right. Yeah, that's right." Hilda nodded.

"Okay, let's do this," Ambrose nodded before the witches and warlock gathered around in a circle.

Echo was standing in-between Zelda and Ambrose. She closed her eyes and tilted her head down, muttering the spell under her breath, as did everyone else, "Ex spiritibus enim sie te aeris. Qui Omnipotentiam Tuam parcendo clavem ad. Ostium ligate Diablolum hunc! Hoc captionem, et daemonium ab grandus cincinno."

"Spellmans."

Echo opened her eyes at the hissing sound. Her eyes finally located the demon at the top of the staircase. It looked terrifying. It had a distorted face, shaggy hair that was untamed around it's head, resembling a lion's mane. The long fingers that wrapped around the bannister were a dark colour, with sharper than knives fingernails. 

"You're his family, aren't you? My captor's kin." It asked, tilting it's head to look at the group, "You smell like Spellmans."

"Know this, demon," Aunt Zelda walked away from the circle, her eyes focused on the demon, "Our house is sealed with an incantation we, and only we, know. If you harm us, you'll never escape it."

"Another prison?" The demon questioned, walking slowly to the other side of the staircase, "No, no, no!" Echo watched the demon's every move as it began to descend down the long stairs, "Edward Spellman imprisoned me in the Acheron puzzle for seventy years. I'll never be caged again!"

"What do you want, Hellspawn?" Ambrose asked.

"First, revenge on the family of Edward Spellman..."

"You had to ask, love," Aunt Hilda whispered to Ambrose.

"And then freedom," The demon added, "So I may fill the world with my sublime nightmares," It lifted it's disgusting hand up, pointing it in the direction of the small radio on one of the cabinets before twisting it's hand. 

'Dream A Little Dream of Me' filled Echo's ears causing her to share a worried look with Zelda.

"I don't get it, nightmares?" Sabrina whispered.

"It's a sleep demon, Brina," Echo whispered back.

"Zelda, if he puts us to sleep, we're at its mercy," Aunt Hilda whispered loudly.

"Thank you for stating the obvious, Hilda, but not to worry," Zelda said in her normal voice, walking over to grab one of the empty urns, before walking back over to the group, "It won't get a chance to."

"Aunt Zelda, whatever you're about to do, do it fast," Sabrina said causing Echo to roll her eyes and turn back to face her sister, "I think she knows that," The black haired witch hissed.

Echo turned back around, watching carefully as Zelda said a spell out loud, holding the urn up with it's lid off. She placed her hands over her ears when the demon let out a loud, screeching wail before it turned into a red mist which flew into the urn.

Zelda slammed the lid shut, turning around to face Sabrina, "And that, is how you trap a demon."