18. CAN YOU COME OVER?

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

CAN YOU COME OVER?

ECHO WOKE UP WITH A gasp. 

Her entire body was covered in a thin layer of sweat as she took in her surroundings. She was back at home, in her own bed, still in her pyjamas with Vulpecula on her bed.

She ran her hand through her black hair, messing it up slightly before she pushed the duvet off her body. Unlike the dream - well, nightmare - everything seemed to feel more normal. It seemed to feel right, even though she still felt the emotional effects lingering.

Echo grabbed a sweater from her chair and threw it on. Sighing in comfort as she did so. She shoved her feet into her old, bettered slippers before making her way out of her bedroom and downstairs to the kitchen. 

She let out a sigh of relief when she walked in and spotted the rest of her family down there. Zelda holding tightly onto a jam jar which was filled with red dust.

"Not as intricate as an Acheron Configuration," Aunt Zelda stated, her voice quivering slightly, "But a jam jar will do just as well."

Echo walked in further, her eyes landing on Sabrina as Aunt Hilda stood over her, wrapping her arm in a white bandage. The black haired witch sent her younger twin a small smile before she took a seat next to - a very clearly shaken up - Ambrose. 

"How does it feel now?" Hilda asked, glancing at the blonde haired teen.

"Better, Auntie Hilda," Sabrina replied with a smile.

Hilda smiled softly before she walked back to her own seat. Silence filling the air.

Echo fiddled with the sleeves of her sweater. Pulling them over her hands. Her thoughts were still trapped in the nightmare she had, and clearly so were everyone else's.

"I, um..." Aunt Zelda began. She turned to face Sabrina, "I owe you an apology, Sabrina. When you came to me, in my dream, I was...lily-livered. Hysterical. Cowardly."

"Only in the dream, Aunt Zelda," Sabrina stated softly, "Only in that terrible dream."

"So, you...You walked through all of our dreams, then?" Aunt Hilda asked, looking nervously at the blonde teen.

"I did," Sabrina nodded. Her eyes glanced over at Ambrose before she made eye contact with Echo, sending her twin a soft smile, "But, I can...barely remember it," Sabrina added, she mustve seen the worried expressions on everyone's face, "It's all so fuzzy."

Echo glanced at her twin. She could tell Sabrina was lying. But her lie made everyone else seem more at ease. 

Silence filled the kitchen once again. No one was in the right mood to talk, and slowly one by one they all began to dissent back to their own rooms; seeing as it was barely the middle of the night. 

Echo was last.

She felt much more awake than ever before. However, her body still felt strangely hot. But eventually, she too went up to her bedroom. Vulpecula was still on her bed. Sleeping peacefully as Echo walked over to her bed. Her eyes lingering on the phone on her bedside table.

The black haired witch sat down onto her bed in a careful manner; as to not wake up her familiar. Her eyes still stuck to the phone as she bit her lip. Before she knew it, she had already grabbed hold of it and began to dial. As she was about to dial the last few numbers, her fingers hoovered over the phone, her thoughts going back to that nightmare.

But, she managed to push those horrible thoughts away as she finally dialled the number on her mind.

The person on the other end picked up surprisingly quick, a confused tone lacing his voice, "Echo? What's wrong?"

Echo let out a shaky breath, "I-I-I don't really know why I called. I'm sorry--"

"Don't be silly," Nick replied, his voice sounding raspy, "What's going on?"

Echo stayed quiet for a second. Her eyes were focused on her knees. Her mouth felt dry, "I know it's late," She started, "But, can you come over?"