11. DARK BAPTISM

CHAPTER ELEVEN 

DARK BAPTISM.

MERELY MINUTES BEFORE THE CLOCKS struck midnight, Echo's head twisted around in search of her twin. When she finally spotted the blonde standing face to face with Harvey in Rosalind's garden, the redhead sprinted towards them.

The cold breeze from the night caused her short, curled red hair to fly back; a feeling that she absolutely adored, but couldn't dwell on for much longer. She spotted the tears in Sabrina's eyes when she got closer to the blonde, and her heart ached for her sister but she knew they had to get to the forest and go through with their dark baptism.  

"Brina, we need to go," Echo said in a rushed voice, sending her sister a sympathetic but pointed look.

Sabrina nodded, "Yeah, okay," The blonde sighed, whispering the words. She turned back to Harvey for a moment and connected their lips in a passionate kiss as Echo turned around from them until she heard, "I'm ready."

"Bye Harvey," Echo said, placing her hand on Harvey's shoulder and looking at the boy sadly. It seemed to only hit her now that all her childhood friends would be pretty much out of her life. But, she knew she couldn't think about that. So, she grabbed hold of Sabrina's hand and the two girls began running away from the house; where the party was still in full swing at.

Echo panted as the two girls ran through the large forest in the dark of the night. The blood moon being the only source of light. Echo usually loved the sound of the leaves and twigs crunching and snapping underneath her shoes, however due to running fast and being reckless the twigs would usually hit her in the shin whenever she sprinted on them with too much force, causing her to let out a strong of profanities every time it happened.

Suddenly, the redhead came to a stop. Her chest was moving up and down at fast speed and her legs ached whilst she stared at the archway in front of herself, before hearing Sabrina's footsteps coming to a stop just behind.

The archway was made with hundreds if not thousands of long twigs, all of them combined together to make one surprisingly sturdy archway with some witchy symbols hanging down from them; also made in twigs.

Echo let out a breath before she shared a look with Sabrina and the oldest slowly led the way through, spotting a fire and a decently sized crowd further in the forest before yet another twig archway. She walked at a steady pace until she heard a gasp come from behind her and quickly turned around.

The white wedding dress that belonged to Diana (which Sabrina decided to wear for Halloween) began to change into a jet black colour, giving it more of a darker feel. Echo turned back around when she heard the sound of a crackling fire becoming louder, she started at the archway in front of her with a intrigued expression as blue flames surrounded it.

Without a second thought, the redhead quickly walked through it, hearing Sabrina's footsteps following her closely. As soon both of the twins were through, the blue flames disappeared. Echo could hear soft chanting of the witches as her eyes scanned the crowd, spotting practically everyone already looking at either her or Sabrina, causing her to feel strangely uncomfortable under their stare.

She spotted the weird sisters who sent her a smirk and a quick nod before they walked off to a different part of the crowd, opposite side to where she spotted a young warlock with dark eyes staring at her intently. Then, Echo's eyes then landed on Father Blackwood as he turned to look at the twins, "Welcome, Daughters of Night."

Echo felt a hand grab her own and she twisted her head to the side where she spotted Sabrina practically hyperventilating with panic. She squeezed the blonde's hand gently.

"We'll start with the oldest," Father Blackwood decided.

Echo nodded and exhaled deeply, she sent Sabrina a small smile before letting go of her hand and walking towards the High Priest as Sabrina walked off to the side.

"Who presents this child for unholy baptism?" Father Blackwood asked.

"We do, Your Excellency," Zelda and Hilda said at the same time as they suddenly appeared behind Echo causing the redhead to jump back in surprise.

"Late for your own baptism. Honestly," Zelda whispered, a tone of disbelief lacing her voice.

"You look lovely, darling," Aunt Hilda whispered, in a much more gentle tone than her sister's.

"Disrobe her, sisters," Father Blackwood ordered.

Echo looked confused and shared a 'what the fuck' look with Sabrina as she felt Hilda's hand unzipping her black dress merely seconds before the dress fell down her body and crumbled on the forest ground right at her feet. She quickly kicked off her heels and stood there, feeling strangely warm but also uncomfortable in just her black underwear.

"We are gathered here together, in these woods, in the presence of our Dark Lord, with all the souls, the living and the dead, of our coven, The Most Unholy Church of Night," Father Blackwood spoke clearly and loudly, "Kneel, child."

Echo did exactly as he told her. Using her bundled up dress as a cushion for her knees. She watched carefully as Father Blackwood turned around and placed his thumb into a golden bowl which Prudence was holding.

"Our Dark Lord teaches us," Father Blackwood said as he turned back around to face the redhead, "There is no law beyond. Do what thou wilt," He placed his blood covered thumb onto Echo's forehead, drawing a messy upside down cross before retracting his hand back, "Our Dark Lord asks, would you like to be happy, child, to be free? Free to love and to hate? To be what nature meant you to be, true to her laws and yourself only?"

"Yes, Father," Echo breathed out.

"Do you believe in Lucifer, the archangel who preferred the loss of Heaven to that of his pride?"

"Yes, Father."

"In exchange for this belief, you shall be granted powers that will enable you to be of service to the Dark Lord. Echo Cordelia Spellman...are you willing to forsake the Path of Light and follow the Path of Night wherever it may lead you?"

"I am."

"And are you willing to place our Dark Lord above all others in your life, be it your loved ones, your family, your friends, your neighbours?"

Echo gulped, "I am."

"Then it is time to sign his book," Father Blackwood stated as he placed his hand in front of Echo, who with a deep inhale took it and stood up. He led her over to the opened Book of the Beast before he took hold of a dagger and made a large slit in the palm of her hand. Her eyes were focused on the large book, carefully examining each name signed in it.

Echo let out a small, pained groan before she watched the blood flow freely as thunder began to cover the night skies. Father Blackwood walked to the opposite side of the book, he took Echo's hand and let the blood drop onto the next free line.

"In signing his book, the Book of the Beast, you swear to obey without question any order you may receive from the Dark Lord himself or from any figure he has placed in authority over you," He handed Echo the bone pen. 

The redhead took hold of it and pressed it down in her blood before she signed her name right on the line as Sabrina began yelling, "Stop!"