25. FEAST OF FEASTS

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

FEAST OF FEASTS

"HOLY SHIT, AUNT HILDA," ECHO stated as she wandered into the kitchen and her eyes landed on her Aunt's masterpiece, "That cake looks incredible."

Aunt Hilda smiled softly to herself, "Why, thank you, Echo."

The black haired witch smiled at her aunt before her eyes went back to the three tier cake. As it turns out, Sabrina admitted she was wrong about Father Blackwood having an agenda. However, on the other hand, she then accused Lady Blackwood of having one, so Aunt Hilda agreed to make a cake; a truth telling cake.

"Aunt Hilda, you've outdone yourself," Sabrina said as she made her way towards the cake, looking at it in awe.

"I hope so. This is my mom's recipe for when she thought my dad was having an affair," Aunt Hilda admitted.

"How long will it take?" The blonde questioned. 

"Uh, should be instantaneous."

Sabrina nodded before she carefully grabbed the plate the cake was on, and gently picked it up, nodding to her twin to go into the living room. Letting out a sigh, Echo moved away from the counter she was leaning on and walked in front of the blonde towards the living room, her long, black flowy dress trailing slightly behind her.

Echo's heels alerted everyone - Father and Lady Blackwood, The Weird Sisters, Ambrose and Aunt Zee - in the living room of the twin's presence and they all glanced in their direction briefly. One pair of brown eyes seemed to linger.

"And now, for the pièce de résistance," Sabrina said with a wide smile as she watched her sister sitting down besides their Aunt Zelda, "My Aunt Hilda's brown butter marchpane cake with brandied currants," The blonde carefully set the cake down.

"Mmm. Looks delicious," Lady Blackwood commented whilst Sabrina went back to her seat, "But I want to save room for later."

Echo glanced at Zelda for a second.

"Nonsense, Lady Blackwood," Aunt Zee said, "You're eating for three, remember?"

The dark skinned woman looked nervous for a moment before she glanced over at her husband, "Faustus?"

Echo's eyes wandered down the table before they settled on Father Blackwood as he smiled at his wife, "When can one be gluttonous, if not on the Feast of Feasts?" He asked rhetorically.

"Oh, I agree," Sabrina piped up, catching everyone's attention, "Heartily."

"Let's tuck in, shall we?" Echo asked softly, she stood up and grabbed a large knife, "Prudence? As the queen, would you do the honours?" She held the sharp object out.