23. BAXTER HIGH

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

BAXTER HIGH.

"DO YOU REALISE HOW CLOSE you came to being sacrificed?"

The Spellman's were all back home and Aunt Zelda was certainly not happy with the scene Sabrina caused in the Church. Since Ambrose couldn't leave the house, Echo had told him everything that happened, especially since Zelda and Sabrina had been arguing about it since they stepped foot back home and he looked more confused than ever.

"I didn't think you would actually let me go through with the drawing," Sabrina confessed.

"Oh, so it was my fault that you decided to play a game of chicken with me in front of the entire coven. That's rich," Aunt Zelda retorted, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Right, well, what's done is done," Aunt Hilda said softly, trying to calm her sister down, "Let's just pray Satan. He decided to spare you both," She said, trying to defuse the tension. She too stayed back home and was incredibly shocked and confused when she heard what had happened.

Aunt Zelda shook her head, "Not entirely. Sabrina drew the lot of handmaiden."

"Better to be the shepherd than the lamb," Ambrose commented.

"Which means what, exactly?" Sabrina asked in an annoyed voice.

"Next time you try sacrificing yourself, maybe you should first find out what the event actually entails," Echo snarled at her twin.

Aunt Zelda nodded softly, "Well said."

Ambrose turned around to face Sabrina, "The lamb is the queen and the shepherd is the hand maiden," He explained.

"The queen's exaltation is the highest honour," Zelda added, "So, for the next three days, while the coven fasts and prepares for the feast, the handmaiden must indulge the queen's every whim."

Echo snorted in amusement.

Sabrina rolled her eyes, "Great! So I'm supposed to spoil the girl who harrowed me."

"Preferably with figs and wild berries to sweeten her meat before the feast," Ambrose added after sharing an amused grin with Echo.

"That's not even funny, Ambrose," Sabrina stated, shaking her head at her cousin.

Echo shrugged casually, "I thought it was funny," She said with a smirk.

Ambrose nodded, "Thank you, Echo," He nodded at the black haired witch before directing his focus back onto Sabrina, "See, it is funny. Prudence getting her just desserts by literally becoming the dessert."

-