13. QUENTIN

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

QUENTIN.

ZELDA AND HILDA DROPPED ECHO off at the gate of the Academy, where they said their goodbyes and Hilda cried before they waved Echo off and drove back home. 

Holding tightly onto her suitcase, Echo walked up towards the school. From the outside it looked practically abandoned, with dirty grey walls and vines climbing up them. The black haired witch quickly spotted a young boy standing on the steps of it, holding up a small blackboard with her name written on it in neat, cursive handwriting and wearing a vintage-looking outfit with a bowl haircut.

"Pardon me, Miss. Are you Echo?" The little boy asked as Echo got closer.

The black haired witch sent him a polite smile and nodded, "I am."

"Im Quentin," He introduced himself politely, "We've been expecting you. This way, please," He turned around and began leading Echo up the stairs.

She followed him without hesitation, "Are you a student here?" Echo questioned with a polite smile.

"Oh, of course, Miss," Quentin replied looking past his shoulder at the black haired witch, "I'm here to show you to Father Blackwood's office," He opened the large front door, causing it to creak loudly before he swiftly walked through.

Echo took a deep inhale before she gripped her suitcase tighter and walked through the door.

She couldn't help but feel pleasantly surprise at the look of the inside. Unlike the outside, the walls looked new and were painted with a dark maroon colour giving it a dark yet modern feel to it. Not only that, but it was much bigger than she expected, looking as if the corridors went on forever. 

Students were casually walking around the halls as Quentin lead Echo through the Academy, "The Academy was build according to the principal of sacred geometry," He explained as they walked into a room with a giant statue of Satan standing right in the middle of it, "Each room is a perfect proportional pentagon that locks with the one next to it. No one knows how many pentagons there are, exactly. Some say an infinite number."

Echo's eyes shifted around the room, the darkness of it seemed strangely inviting as she followed Quentin further into the Academy. Before finally - after what felt like hours of walking - reaching Father Blackwood's office.

"This is where I leave you, Miss."

Echo smiled softly at the young boy, "Thank you, Quentin," She nodded at him, "But please call me Echo."

With a small smile, the boy turned around and disappeared behind a corner, whilst Echo knocked on the large door of Father Blackwood's office.

"Come in."