19. DEMONIC POSSESSIONS

CHAPTER NINETEEN

DEMONIC POSSESSIONS.

MUCH TO ECHO'S SURPRISE, NICK actually did come over. They didn't do anything but stayed up and talked. Echo didn't even tell him about the dream, in a way she wanted to, but truthfully, she just didn't know how to go about it; it's strange to tell someone you've known for about a month that you dreamt about them killing you.

So, instead they spoke about school, about their interests, families. Anything and everything that wasn't the dream and it certainly cheered the black haired witch right up.

There was something about Nicholas Scratch. Something that pulled her towards him, yet, she couldn't place her finger on exactly what that was.

Nick left in the early hours of the morning, quite reluctantly too; he could sense that something was bothering her, but Echo insisted that he should go home and get at least a few more hours of sleep before he had to be back at the Academy, so he finally left, but not without placing his lips on her cheek and vanishing.

Echo couldn't help as her insides felt like they were on fire. However, this time it wasn't anything like the dream and instead, it was strangely comforting. 

Echo decided to take a couple of days off from the Academy; both Hilda and Zelda were absolutely fine with it; they knew how much that Sleep Demon affected them all. The black haired witch sat at the kitchen table, flicking through one of her Demonology books whilst Zelda and Hilda conversed; the latter of two also making a lot of jars of lemon curd when Sabrina finally came back from Baxter High.

"Aunties, Echo, we have a big problem."

Echo glanced up from her book and watched as Sabrina stormed inside, a look of determination on her face.

"Mephistopheles save us from the melodramatics of a teenage witch," Aunt Zelda muttered under her breath.

"How was school, love?" Aunt Hilda asked, smiling brightly at the blonde teen.

"Fine, but Susie's Uncle Jesse has been possessed by a demon."

"Oh? How do you know that, love?" Hilda asked.

"Oh, only all my friends," Sabrina replied, "While I was at the Academy, or maybe while we were dealing with Batibat, Uncle Jesse attacked Harvey. They had to restrain him."

"Sabrina," Zelda began with a bored tone, "Cases of actual demonic possession are extremely rare, despite what the False God and his propaganda machine would have you believe," She opened her newspaper and began reading it, whilst Sabrina stared blankly.

"Have they called a doctor, yet?" Hilda questioned as she zested a lemon "Because they need to rule out every other possibility first. Like epilepsy, or schizophrenia, Tourette's."