25

The sound of a metal being dragged over the stone cold floor woke Lord John from his sleep . His hands fell flat over the ground and he opened his eyes to meet them with the King himself . His mouth froze from any words begging to come out . And before he could understand the state he had been chained in , the harsh metal slammed on his face .

The scream of agony and pain filled the dark dungeon . The guards had seen the King's anger . It was inescapable .

"You should've known the consequences of disrespecting her "

He spoke . And for the rest of the day he only wanted to hear the screams of his painful cries and begs for death .

The guards lit the wooden stick before John's eyes. His hands suspended on either sides and his legs tied . The stick was held to his right hand , which was around Rosetta's throat . His skin burned and the screech followed by number of curses satisfied the king. 

Aric leaned back with a smirk .

"Bring Rosetta here "

She was admiring the beautiful garden when the guard intruded her thoughts.  "The king has commanded for The Lady to be brought down to dungeon " The commander immediately turned his face to her frowning one .

"You cannot possible be lying " The guard shook his head . "She can't go down there " The guard's heaving chest showed his need to hurry back with Rosette. 

The commander could no longer ask further questions since it was a King's demand . He frowned giving her a look of remorse before stepping aside and guiding her towards the lower ground .

"Remember , Do not look to your sides . Do not and I repeat . Do not look up unless the king wants you to " She gulped . She knew she was been taken to the place called the hell of the palace . No matter how much she wanted to turn back and run . But The King had commanded her to do the opposite .

"I am scared " The commander took her as a child scared of dark . His could not touch her . But he took her hand in his and squeezed it . Somehow comforting her. 
It took a while to walk down the stairs of the underground .

But when she stepped to the end ..she could feel the dark walls closing up on her . Her hand went tight around the commanders . "Remember what I told you " She gave her lip a bite and pushed her eyes to the ground .

She did not see much but she saw the bars of every chamber . Her eyes still on ground drifted to the left to see blood splattered over the ground . A shiver ran down her spine .

"Sire " She heard the guard beside her and the commander let go of her hand making her feel cold .

"My Rose " she felt his hands touch her cheeks and she lifted her eye lids to met his . He kissed her cheek and grabbed her hand leading them to a chamber. 

The light was dim . But she could heard someone breathing heavily . When her eyes landed on the man , his face covered in blood , both hands burned . Red and flesh . She stepped back with her hand over her mouth . She tried looking away but Aric held her .

"Look what happens to that bastard who touches you " She could hear the sinister laugh Aric made . "I want to leave " She beg but he did not let her. 
"You get to see what happens to those who disrespect you my dove "

She thought this was over . It wasn't . "He could've taken you away from me !" Aric grabbed him by his neck and smashed his head on the stone wall containing metal needles . She scream stepping back but her back was pressed against the bar .

"Bring in the rack "

John was alive . She saw him breath . His eyes were begging for mercy .
"My king ..p-please . Don't " he smirks .

"You need to know the man you fell in love with "

John was strapped . Rosetta did not have clue of the torture her eyes would be  going through .
John did not say a word.  He was very much conscious however his screams had his voice strapped .

His body felt being stretched . His wide eyes looked at the ceiling as he heard Rosetta cry . The voice from his gut was of pain .

His body was stretched at the extreme ..he screamed . He could feel his muscle tight . He could feel every body part being held tight . He grits his teeth as the pain continued . He yelled cursed but he received no mercy .

"My king . Please . I think he has understood his mistakes " Rosetta said trying to avoid the scene unfold in front of her eyes .

Aric turned to her . Her eyes red with water running down her cheeks .

"He will die eventually my dove. Unfortunately I will not fulfill this request of yours "

The guards did not stop . At last the body was at a point where it had broken bones , blood seeping out of his mouth . The cracks were heard from inside him .

The sight made Rosetta feel bile raise up to her throat . And when the blood flowed from his mouth to his neck it was her final straw .

She turned away puking the contents from her mouth on the floor .

Aric's concerned voice rang in her ears but she did not look . Taking the top layer of her dress she clean her mouth . She found her self drowning in the regret of watching him being killed . Tortured until he was begging to die .

She could still hear him . He was speaking with his voice in the lowest . He was begging to be killed.  He had his limbs broken . Aric had mercy for his Rose ,so he picked her up carrying her out the chamber .

But the guard weren't ordered to stop . So they continued . Watching his limbs physically break apart from his body .

As soon Aric entered the chamber she tried to slip out of his grasp . He let her . She ran to the bath place splashing her face with water and cleaning her mouth . She could still hear his screams , terrifying screams . Aric grabbed her face and kissed her wet cheeks .

"I respect you my king . But this , I -I can n-never " she spoke trembling . He knew this was too much for his innocent dove . But he needed her to see the dark side he carried with him .

"Forgive me " he whispered . She broken down in tears wrapping her arms around him .
"I love you my dove " She sniffed .

She fell asleep in no time in his embrace . He covered her body with the sheets and kissed her forehead smiling . His hands softly running through her hair. 

His eyes suddenly turned sinister . He walked out the chamber to continue his unfinished business with his mother .

Rosetta woke up with a headache . She bites her lip looking around to find a maid . "Uh . " before she could speak, the maid gave her a bow .

"Your highness . I am at your service "