28

She blankly stared at the bright red rose in her hand , she didn't flinch when the throne pricked her finger , She only watched at the small blob of blood rise to the surface of her skin . She wiped her finger over the her pure white gown not caring about the stain . She continued cutting more flowers binding them together finally standing up from the garden . 

Her eyes stared across the gate of the old cottage , expecting her king to walk through . He didn't come the next day as the old women told her . He did not come at all. 

She thought she deserved it , she was the cause of death which came over innocent lives . She did not deserve to be the queen .She did not feel worthy anymore . She stared at the ring and tears started rolling down her cheeks heavy. She could only sob between the thick branches of the garden . 

The old lady looked up as Rosetta entered the kitchen placing the flowers in the vase . " Thank you Your Majesty " She smiled , " Can you do me a favour Valerian ?" She nodded in question . " Call me Rose please " Valerian smiled walking around the wooden table and ushering Rosetta towards the bath , " I have warmed the water for you , Have a bath you will feel better dear " Rosetta smile walking in . 

Valerian closed the door and her graceful smile fell from her lips and she turned and walked towards the kitchen . She felt horrible for the young child . She was only told to care for the young Queen . However no notice was further told about the king to her . Valerian could only keep the young lady healthy , but never happy . 

She would see Rosetta cry her tears out every time she sat in the garden staring far away at the never ending forest , waiting , hoping  , wondering . The only hope they both had was that of the King being safe and unharmed . It had been days since Rosetta had stayed in the cottage . But there was nothing she could do , eventually settling to a fact . That she was no longer needed in his life . 

She stared in the mirror as Valerian brushed through her wet locks , " I had a daughter named May ", Rosetta lifted her sorrowed eyes in the mirror to Valerian . " She was a bratty child , always giving me a hard time . But she loved me and so did I . Over anything in this world, her death gave me a hard time ." Rosetta inhaled deeply , " How -How did she die ?" She asked and Valerian smile , " She took a poison for me , my husband tired to kill me . I always wondered if I had created a sin? I blamed myself for the death of my child who My husband took from me " 

Rosetta looked at the ground in eyes filled with tears , " Oh no don't cry my dear , I realised soon that blaming myself would mean that I except killing her , Which I didn't . He got his end in a horrible manner as he should've , as he deserved . " 

"I am so sorry " Rosetta said laying her hands on Valerian's . She smiled . " I see her in you . It would give me happiness if you could smile all day " Rosetta smiled , only for her . 

" So even if you think you are no more worthy of been a queen just because the people against you created a havoc ,  then you are completely wrong . Once a Queen, remains a Queen until she dies in this kingdom "

Rosetta chuckled smiling at her . 

The sudden bang on the door had them both jump out there chairs during a silent dinner . Rosetta walked around the table to hold Valerian's hand . On which Valerian assured her there was no harm in opening the door . 

" Open the door , NOW ! " Rosetta trembled under the loud yells of a man . Valerian opened the door and in walked a soldier . Her looked around the cottage and when his eyes set on Rosetta her kneels . " Your Majesty , We need to leave for the castle this instant . The king fears your life maybe in danger " . 

"The king ? Where is he,   How is he ? " Before she could receive an answer Valerian took her by the elbow , " You need to leave , Go  " Rosetta shook her head confused before the soldier grabbed her and dragged her out the cottage . " No ! Wait " On command he stopped bowing his head . " Come " Rosetta said taking Valerian's hand but she refused . 

" I can't your Majesty " Rosetta stared at her , " And why not ?" She asked . " Because I must stay in , to protect you " Rosetta shook her head trying to hold on but Valerian only took Rosetta's hands off herself , " You must make sure she is safe , now go " The soldier couldn't wait any longer . 

Action had to be taken as the Queen was in danger , " No , you have to stay with me " Rosetta whispered crying as she was dragged towards a horse , " Take care dear ! I will be fine I promise "  Rosetta couldn't take her eyes off the lady who she had gotten attach to , not even after the trees finally closed around it . 

Valerian could only smile and wave goodbye . But happiness doesn't come to all . She heard the footsteps coming closer as she lit a single lantern in the entire cottage . Soon she fell asleep , only to be discovered by the men behind the Queen , she died silently and only prayed for the happiness of the kingdom . 

Aric frantically ran towards the back gates of the Castle as soon as he heard the man was spotted at the boards . He clenched his jaw as he saw his Rosetta , He took steps towards the gates however his commander held him back . " You are in a great danger , Its better you stay here Sire " Aric ran his hands over his head as anxiety rose up his skin watching his Rose being carried towards him . The guards covered their path . 

It wasn't ignorant people of the Kingdom burning the hall down . It was the men of outlanders ,The enemies had covered the boarder of the castle   , there was not one man safe out there , It was only a matter of command given by the king himself to start a war . 

It was only a matter of minutes , until they attacked the boarders . But they didn't know what Aric could do . Aric's army could wipe out an entire kingdom with its soil .

Its a misfortune that the enemy of King will face . Not him. Especially since they dare to aim their arrows at his Queen . 

~~~~~~

I Am Sorry For Uploading my chapters so late , I have been facing some writer's block lately . Sorry ! But I love you all for supporting me ! Thanks