27

She had never been to the castles church , It was huge , As the prayers were sung she walked down the aisle , Her wedding gown contained jewels , golden embroidered flowers at her neck and her hem , Her veil contained jewels and flowers complimented her flowing hair half tucked up. 

People knew she was a commoner , however her beauty had everyone's eyes fixed on her . She walked towards the priest and The king . She took his and they kneel before the priest . Soon , the prayers were said , rings were exchanged . The priest held their hands in his and blessed them , Hence announcing The wife of the King and presenting the Queen to the people . 

The king looked straight at his people as he sat over his throne now by Rosetta at his side . "I expect you to obey , respect and protect your new Queen , may you and the king live long . " The late king spoke a few words before every one bowed  . Rosetta wasn't prepared for this . She felt like she was gonna faint . The ceremony ended and soon it was time the people celebrated the new Queen's throne . It was joyfull , but their were some , who wished the worst for their King and Queen . 

She gave her lip a bite as she stared at the people , people up watching from the balcony of the hall , people surrounding her as they talked watching she every action . Suddenly she notice a man staring at her from the entrance of the hall , His eyes were upon her then shifted towards the king . He smirked once before stepping back and disappearing in the crowd . She frown as she felt something was wrong . 

Something was really wrong , She couldn't help look at Aric , his eyes met hers as he studied her expressions , he frowned moving his eyes around as if to see what was making his Queen uncomfortable when he saw it . 

"Ruth ! The windows !" He yelled at his captain , before anyone had any time to spare the glass were broken down by a huge log thrown through them, Fire emerged suddenly catching on the huge curtains which surrounded the hall . The people yelled and ran . the guards guarded their King and Queen however there was only one way out the hall . Unfortunately that entrance was in flames rising high up the doors . 

Rosetta screamed as she saw a women run through the fire , She looked at the burning faces of people she talked too . The maids who tend her , They were dying . She saw the elders catch the fire and run in front of eyes making her sick Tears leaked through her eyes as she tried to gain her posture but in vain , people's screams had reached the outside the castle . 

The castle hall was burning down by now , the traitors no where found . As soon as The King and Queen were escorted outside the hall by guards sacrificing their own body,Aric saw it , His father trapped between the people as guards failed to get him through the doors . He saw his father staring at him , Nodding at him to go further . Aric couldn't help step back but he was pushed forward by his commander . 

" Forgive me my king however I cannot allow to step in their " Aric could understand his commander's desperation . Before he could think they were escorted out . 

The screams never died down , Not a single man could now walk out the hall or go in to save the others , The huge fire had already taken the over . Aric stared at the undoings of his enemy in pure rage but unable to do anything . " We have send our men towards every entry of castle , Kings of the south will be here with his men soon . Please Sire , it better you and the Queen stay underground until a lead is found . "

Aric shook his head , his teeth grinding against each other as he watched the fire , the fire in which his father was trapped in . Taking his cape off his ran inside , Rosetta was simply quite . Traumatized . 

She gulp as her eyes watched Aric run inside . She couldn't help stepped forward but was stopped by the guards . " No ! " She yelled , But she was held down by the Captain as guards ran behind the king into the fire  . " No ! " Her eyes closed as she covered her ears trying to block the screams . Within no time the Queen fainted in the hands of Captain . 

"I will never leave you Rose " , "I will always be here " He said pressing his hand over her chest . Soon his face was engulfed with fire , she watched him burn , she screamed but he just faded far away . 

Rosetta sat up straight with a long breath , her hands pressed against her ears as she could still hear the screams ringing , She trembled but hands coiled around her pulling her towards a warm chest . She cried holding on to the hands around her . " Stay strong my queen , It was just a bad dream " She looked up to see a old lady , She pulled away breathing heavily and looking around to see she wasn't in the castle at all . 

" I am The care taker of the castle " She said moving away to take the pot near her and pour some water in a bowl ," I know " Rosetta spoke . " We were told to take you away from the castle and stay here with you  until the Commander gives any further orders ,The king is injured but will be here soon with his guards . So .." She said handing Rosetta the mug of water . " Do not worry any further. Forgive me this place isn't well handled , I found some vessels and used them " . 

 It was a lot to take in but she accepted the water  . The lady watched her and smiled . " You are a brave and clever queen. Very much how a Ruler should be . Don't wrap your head around things . you will go through it ," She said . " How-How am I hear ..What happened  " Rosetta spoke through her dry throat . 

The lady gave her bow before walking out the door of the room . She came by within no time , This time she was back with the King's only commander , He explained how she was carried here as soon as they could to avoid people , It was better she stayed away from castle for a few days . 

"Your body has lost its strength your highness " The maid said pouring some soup in a bowl and handing it to her . Rosetta shook her head . " You have been unwell ,asleep and have not eaten for a day . Please , I beg you " The lady said . All Rosetta could think about was if Aric was injured , What if he burned himself . What if he .. 

" The King will soon be here , Have some food and rest My queen " Rosetta took the bowl having some . She couldn't stop herself from crying as the maid left . She cried till fell asleep . If the innocent who died is such a horrible way was a effect of men opposing her , she could never forgive herself , She could never forgive herself if she was the cause of that dreadful night. 

She could never apologise to the king for this in any form .