JADE [18]

REMEMBER: VOTE FIRST!

(Saturday) (January)

-BLUE-

"HOW MANY cars do you have?" I finally ask Kevin after ten minutes of driving around in complete silence.

Not because I didn't want to make conversations, because we did that for the first five minutes after I got in the car, but I'm so beat from a fifteen-hour shift that all I've been doing is laying against the window. I could feel his stare on me nearly the entire time, and here and there he would kiss the back of my hand but didn't say anything. He didn't force any conversations.

He just drove comfortably in the silence, soft music coming from radio and Lehi's breathing coming from the back.

"At home or here?" He turns to look at me.

"Here, silly"

He smiles "Just this one. But it's a rental for the time being"

"Who was the BMW for?" I roll my neck from side to side, hoping to relieve some tension. Brandon'z definitely whooped my ass last night–today.

Kevin frowns "For Ramiah. You were in it the night he picked y'all up from the club" he tells me and I pop an eyebrow. I was?

"Seriously?"

"You weren't that drunk" he shifts his foot to the gas and we speed down the empty road again. Pretty soon it's about to be hella busy cause it's almost seven in the morning.

"That's what I thought too" I say with a sigh, adjusting to my right side so that I can lean against the window again. I'm freaking dog-tired.

*
"Where are we?" My eyes flutter open and I look around me bemusedly. A loud yawn comes out of my mouth as I stretch, my eyes trying their hardest to focus on my surroundings. We're not at my place.

"We're at my place" Is all Kevin says to me before he opens the door and gets down. Another yawn comes out and I groan. A few seconds later, the back door opens and Kevin ducks inside to unstrap Lehi from her booster seat. She stirs in her sleep and he quickly stops with a grimace.

I scoff. He doesn't know that Lehi can sleep through a storm and the rapture.

"She's not gonna wake up" I tell him raspingly, reaching up to my face so that I can rub the sleepiness from my eyes.

He successfully manages to get her out of her seat and out of the car without waking her. Not that he was going to anyway by how gently he touched her. He holds her in just one arm, making sure that her head is comfortably laying on his shoulder, and with the other arm, he reaches down to grab her two dolls.

My heart flutters. The sight is beautiful. My daughter is laying on her dad without even knowing it.

"Mm, maybe you should go put her inside and come back to get me" I throw my hair over my shoulder as I look at him. Looking all sexy and daddyish.

He lifts his head to look at me and smiles. "I'll do you one better if you...walk inside" he winks.

I groan and he closes the door, then comes around to open the passenger's. I sit there and just look up at him. My body slacks against the seat again and I let out another groan. Oh shit, I sincerely feel beat.

"Come on baby" he drops a kiss against my lips and I lick them. Then I pucker them out so he can kiss me again. And again, and again, until I finally muster up enough strength to get out of the car.