JADE [41]

(Sunday)  (January)

-JADE-

WHEN BIANCA Taylor finally gets on that stage, after almost two hours, the revenue isn't enough to contain the screams of a thousand plus, fans. She smiles wide as she looks down at everybody. She wears a small, black, silky dress with two slits running down both sides. Black thigh-high boots, hair in a high, sleek bun, subtle makeup, and bright red lips. Her fans scream as if she's God herself and they're worshipping her.

Her eyes scan the VIP section slyly as if she's specifically looking for someone, and when she finds him, she waves at him with a bigger smile. Kevin gives her a polite nod in return. I try to remember the conversation we had earlier so that I completely prevent myself from jumping to any conclusions.

A woman always knows when another woman wants her man. It's this gut feeling we get.

Bianca brings her mic to her mouth, and before she has the chance to say whatever she has to say, she's interrupted by another burst of screaming fans. She brings the mic down and chuckles. I can't deny that the woman is drop-dead gorgeous. She commands attention in every form. She's Bianca Taylor.

"New Jersey, how y'all feeling tonight?" A soft, angelic voice says through the mic and the screams increase. "Y'all ready to rock with your girl?"

I turn to look at Kevin and he's surprisingly already staring at me. I raise a questioning brow and he winks. I look away with a smile. I don't understand how I still get butterflies.

"I love you too" Bianca responds to a group of screaming fans before the music to her first song starts playing. The beat drops and so does Bianca. She drops down to this squatting position and her entire face changes. She's down to business now. She's got her game face on and is ready to put on a show.

I find myself a tad bit excited to see what she's got prepared for us, even though I didn't pay not one dime to be here.

She starts singing but so does her fans. Imagine the loudness in this place. It's as if this revenue contained gasoline and Bianca came and dropped a lit match. The energy in here right now is inexplicable. Everyone is either screaming, singing, or jumping.

I think Kevin and I are the only ones that remain calm. And not that I don't want to sing along like everyone else, because I'm already here so I might as well, I just don't know the song. I've heard her music, but I was never such a big fan to where I went and learned all the lyrics to all her songs. I didn't have time for that anyway.

"That's why I'm fucking with the neighbor
Don't say I didn't warn ya!"

Everyone sings even louder at that part. I hear females screaming those words as if their lives depend on it. I briefly wonder how many females this song influenced.

"Every night we make a movie, I like to be his whore
Tell me fuck boy, that enough porn for ya?"

Bianca holds her crotch and grinds her hips as she sings. Her fans hype her up to the fullest. She dances just as nasty and erotic as the song is.

To be fair, the song is good, nasty, but good. And she has a beautiful voice to sing it. The beat, the lyrics, everything is good. She's singing a song about her revenge on infidelity. It makes sense. I'm just not in my element.

I feel guilty and just so damn wrong. How was I at church earlier listening to the word of God and now I'm here listening to this? Who am I? What side do I wanna be on? Why does my spirit feel so heavy?

I turn to look at Kevin again, but he's watching the show that is being presented to him. I can't get mad. I knew what I signed up for when I agreed to come. I knew that he was gonna watch her. I mean, she's the damn star that we came to see. I made peace with that. But I can't help the numerous questions that are swimming through my head right now.