JADE [37]

REMEMBER: I NEED COMMENTS! FEEDBACK! ETC!

(Saturday) (January)

-JADE-

"IF YOU'RE wearing a blue shirt, stand on my left, and if you're wearing a pink shirt, stand on my right" Mayra announces to the handful amount of people that's in attendance for the gender reveal. She's the host. And based on what Melanie told me earlier when I arrived, she's the planner behind this aesthetic. She's the best friend that came through for her best friend and got everything together.

Melanie's house, very beautiful, grande home, has been transformed into a balloon palace of some sort. At every turn, there's some type of pink and blue balloon. The backyard is where the magic is. The decor is phenomenally exquisite, it took my breath away when I first walked in. There's food, snacks, desserts, music, friends, and family, and simply a wonderful time. I have to give it to Mayra, she's done, and has been doing a terrific job. And not only that, but she looks amazing.

I expected to feel some sort of hatred towards her if I was ever to see her again, but for the past thirty minutes that I've been here, breathing the same air as her, and having to constantly see her and hear her, I feel nothing but pure joy. Surprisingly, it feels good to see her looking well and happy. I mean, she's always been pretty, but right now, as she stands before this group with a pink and blue mic in her hand, she looks like she's glowing.

The wind blows at her long, straight hair, revealing  the two piercings in her ear and her long tangible neck. She looks good and healthy. And she hasn't noticed me. For some reason, I want her to notice me. I want her to see that I'm here. That I've returned. That I have Kevin's baby with me.

Unfortunately she's been so busy hosting such a fun day for Mel that she hasn't had anytime to greet or talk to anyone one-on-one.

"The first group to finish everything in their bottles, win. Is everybody ready?" The group cheers their response. Mayra smiles. "On your mark, get set, go!"

The game is very amusing to watch. Teenagers, adults, and few kids hurry to suck the content out of their baby bottles, and I can't help the laugh that comes out of my mouth. Ky'rie and Kiana are on opposite teams and they're staring right into each other's eyes while they compete. Lehi is with Ramiah somewhere where the food station is.

Team blue ends up winning, aka, Ky'rie's team. Kiana removes her nearly-finished bottle from her mouth and pouts. Literally. "This is the fourth game that team blue has won. The gender is leaning more towards a boy!" Mayra's voice sound through the mic .

"Yessss!" Jeremiah celebrates behind me. I turn to look at them with a smile.

Mel doesn't share his celebration. She's frowning. "Looks like you're having a baby boy, Mel" I tease her.

She strongly believes that her child is going to be a girl. She claims that it's the connection that she has with it already.

"I don't want a boy first" she pouts.

She looks so pretty. Whoever dressed her and did her makeup did a phenomenal job. The skintight dress she wears of both colors, blue and pink, showcases her cute bump perfectly. She's four and a half months pregnant and her belly is just now showing.

"Well, we're getting a boy first, baby" Jeremiah kisses his wife's pouty lips. "After three months, we can start trying for a girl" he kisses her again.

"Three months, babe! You're crazy"

"I want twelve kids. We can't allow years to pass before we have them. We have to get them out the way as soon as we can"