JADE [19]

REMEMBER: VOTE FIRST!

(Saturday) (January)

-BLUE-

"GOOD AFTERNOON" Kevin smiles at me when I enter the kitchen. I smile back at him.

They say good D put you in a good mood, I say they're not lying because somehow I feel lighter, more at ease and refreshed, even though I only got five hours of sleep.

"Hi, mommy" Lehi mumbles through a mouthful of cereal. I walk to where she's sitting on a high stool and wrap my arms around her. She puts her spoon down and return my hug.

"Hey, Princess" I smack a kiss on her forehead. "Can mommy have some of your cereal?"

Lehi nods enthusiastically and feeds me a small spoon. I make playful noises as I chew and she chuckles. "Kevin got you breakfast"

"Yea?" I look up at Kevin and he shoves another spoonful of lucky charms in his mouth. I guess him and Lehi are having a lucky charms' date. "Cause I don't want lucky charms"

"Yea, mommy I know. I told him that"

"And then we discussed how weird you are for not liking the best cereal in the whole world. Ain't that right, Princess?" Kevin pokes at Lehi's side.

She nods in between giggles.

"Oh, so I'm weird, Mook?" I stare down at my child in disbelief. Her already huge eyes pop out as if she's been caught.

"No"

"What?! You don't think your mom is a weirdo for not liking our favorite cereal!" Kevin butts in and Lehi turns to look at his incredulous expression.

"Just a little bit"

"So you calling mommy a weirdo?!" Lehi quickly turns to face me with a small grimace. Oh, she's definitely on her father's side with this.

"Just a little bit, mommy" she holds her thumb and index finger out before me, a small portion off from closing. "Not a lot"

I chuckle "So you agree with your da-Kevin?!" I quickly catch myself. Kevin looks at me and we share a stupefied look.

Oh shit.

"Only today" Lehi responds and we all bust out laughing. Including her who thinks she's so smart.

"You guys are not about to eat this entire box of cereal!" I scold after our laughter dies down. I reach for the box of the nearly gone cereal after Kevin fixes both himself and Lehi another bowl, and walk off to put it in the pantry.

"But it's soooooo good, mommy!" Lehi exaggerates before shoving another spoonful in her mouth. Suddenly I notice that both her bowl and her spoon are pink.

Kevin bought them for her, no doubt.

"She's not lying" Kevin shrugs and copies her by shoving a spoonful of cereal in his mouth as well. I roll my eyes at them, but truthfully they look so cute together right now.

"Where's my breakfast?"

"In the microwave"

"Did you make it?"

"Yes–" Kevin begins to answer but Lehi is quick to cut him off.

"He ordered it" she lifts up her bowl and sips the milk.

Kevin chuckles when I flick my tongue out at him. Little does he know, my daughter always has my back. She never leaves me out.

After breakfast, which went wonderfully amazing, both Kevin and I sit on the couch in the living room as we watch Lehi play with the various amount of toys that he bought her yesterday. After modeling all of them to me and telling me their functions, she decided that it would be a good thing for both Kevin and I to watch her play with them. We ended up playing with her, but after almost an hour, she claimed that she wasn't done, we decided to let her enjoy herself all on her own.