JADE [43]

ATTENTION! 🛑 ✋🏾

READ THIS:

Dear Readers,

Hi. I honestly don't want to be one of those authors but, I truly understand where they're coming from! All of my chapters are 3000-4000+ words! Which means that I put some time into making sure that they're enjoyable. Writing a chapter that long can sometimes take me up to FIVE hours out of my day!

How can you read someone's book (FOR FREE) and not VOTE? That literally takes only TWO SECONDS! There is a star at the bottom of the page, tap it. That's HOW you vote!

You don't have to comment all the time but come on! How much money will you lose if you just drop a single comment in a book?! A comment that will encourage the Author to keep going. Tell me how much?

It's very frustrating to have people in my inbox asking me for UPDATES when the VIEWS never match the VOTES. The only reason why I still update is because I CARE about my engaging readers.

If you like/love the book, please MAKE SURE you VOTE & drop a single COMMENT to let me know how you felt about the chapter. THAT'S IT! I'm not asking for money or a sacrifice!

If you don't like the book and that's the reason you're not voting, you shouldn't have gotten to this chapter. STOP READING IT CAUSE YOU'RE WASTING YOUR TIME!

Just like you use your thumb to SCROLL or FLIP pages when you're reading this book, or ANY BOOK, USE your thumb to TAP the STAR at the bottom of the page!

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

Sincerely, Marie Pierre

(Tuesday)  (January)

-JADE-

WHEN MONDAYS aren't good, you go to sleep and pray to the Lord that Tuesday doesn't come with the same trifling energy.

At least that was my prayer last night.

I can't tell if God heard me or not. I can't tell if he listened. Actually, scratch that, I can tell. My daughter is still sitting on the couch, yes, the shithole couch, and frowning at the TV. Her favorite show is playing and she's frowning.

From where I'm standing in the kitchen, wiping off the countertop, I see a single tear stroll down her cheek. She quickly wipes it with a sigh. God didn't listen to my prayer.

"Lehi?" I softly call. We've only been home for two days and I'm walking on eggshells around her. I, for some reason, feel like my four-year-old daughter is a ticking time bomb.

"Yes, mommy?" She turns her head to face me. Staring into her sad eyes is like having someone slice my heart in half with a two-edged sword. A mother hates to see her baby unhappy.

"You have to eat your food, baby" I nod towards the plate of food that's still positioned in front of her, untouched.  "Do you want mommy to come feed you?"

She shakes her head "I'm not hungry mommy"

Yes, she is. She hasn't eaten anything other than an apple from this morning. I finish off what I'm doing, drop the rag where it belongs, wash my hands, and release a deep breath. I'm scared.

I rip a piece of paper towel and properly dry my hands before tossing it. "Well, do you want Lucky Charms. It's your favorite" I approach her with a small smile.

She shakes her head again. "It's Kevin's favorite too" she drops her eyes and picks at her toenails.

I plop down next to her and rub my face exasperatedly. Why does life have to be so darn difficult? "Baby, mommy doesn't know what to do" I reach for her hand so that she can look at me.