JADE [40]

(Sunday) (January)

-JADE-

BIANCA TAYLOR.

She's an average height female with a caramel complexion. She resembles Megan Thee Stallion a whole lot. She's wearing a short sweater dress with orange thigh-high boots. The jumbo braids in her hair touch the back of her thighs. She's stunning. And even from where I'm staring at her through the dark windows of this SUV that I'm in, I can see her glossy lips moving chattily.

She looks like the star that is. But that's not the reason why my heart is palpitating against my chest right now. No, absolutely not.

I watch her rise up on the tip of her bright, orange boots and wrap her arms around a half-naked Kevin. I watch her close her eyes as she lies her head on his shoulder as if that's the last thing she'll ever do. And to make matters worst, I watch him wrap his muscular arms around her waist and return her longing hug.

Fredo all suddenly seems to be driving way to slow to my liking. I look down at my sleeping daughter on my lap and force myself to take a deep breath.

When I look again, Bianca is slowly placing a kiss on his jawline before pulling away from him. She points a menacing index finger at him as she speaks her next words. After he nods repeatedly at whatever the hell she just told him, she turns on her heels and marches through the opened door of the white Tesla that was waiting on her. It takes approximately eight seconds for the car to take off.

When Fredo pulls into the driveway, I'm not ready to get down. "Can you give me a second before you open the door, Fredo?" I sigh.

"Of course, madame"

How long was Bianca Taylor alone with Kevin? Did Kevin plan to meet up with her? Is that why he didn't want to go to church with me this morning? Did he make up an excuse? Why is he shirtless? It's cold as fuck outside.

I have so many questions that I  need answers to.

I lay my head back against the seat and place a cool hand on my burning forehead. With another deep breath, I look down at my daughter again. Her innocent face while she sleeps brings me comfort. Her beautiful little face somehow reduces my anger and worry.

While I try to get my deranged thoughts in order, the door of the car is pulled open and the cool air from outside instantly hits the parts of me that are exposed.

I know that it's Kevin. His presence is just so distinctive to me. I feel him before I see him, always. But I don't turn to look at him. I keep my eyes on Lehi.

"Hi" his deep voice touches my ears after a few seconds.

I turn to look at him. His hair is sticking up everywhere. "Hi"

"How was church?"

"Good"

"How was lunch with Melanie?"

"Great"

He hesitated before he says his next sentence "I missed you"

"Did you?"

"Yes. A lot" he reaches a hand out to touch my face but I move to the side, completely dodging his hand. I can see the woman's lips stain on his jaw.

"You could've gone with me"

"Babe–"

"Who was that?" I strain my neck towards the empty curb where Bianca's Tesla was parked earlier. He should know exactly whom I'm referring to.

"Who?"

One of my brows lifts unconsciously. "Really?"

"Bianca?" He crosses his arms over his chest.