Assassination Arc (XVI)

The party inside the main hall had yet to end; in fact, it became more hectic as the sky grew darker. Hak looked around the crowd in annoyance. 'Seems like Soo-Won failed to drag Hime-sama here.'

He spotted Mundok in the corner of the hall, he grinned slightly. 

'Nah... It'll be okay for me to ditch now, I've finished my task anyway.'  With that thought, he slipped away from the hall to search for his two troublesome friends.

He had just walked two steps away from the hall when suddenly someone stood before him. He looked up and saw that it was none other than the Earth tribe's General, Lee Geun-Tae. 

"Yo, Kid! Ditching the party, aren't you?" he said with an easy-going smirk.

Hak sighed inwardly. "What are you doing here, General Geun-Tae?" he asked as he looked at Geun-Tae blankly.

"Can't I go anywhere I like, brat?" another smirk was given.

Hak rolled his eyes. This conversation was wasting his time, but he couldn't just walk away. Things wouldn't go so well if it reached Mundok's ear. He looked back at the General and remembered a few chats that he heard before. 

"I thought you are searching for blooming flower?" he asked.

"Unfortunately, all the flowers are either not bloom yet or already been plucked." Guen-Tae shrugged and answered with that laid back demeanor of his, kind of amused by the disgusted face that Hak's made.

Enough of the small pleasantries, Hak excused himself. "Well then, good luck in finding another rose then." he bowed before walked pass Geun-Tae.

As he walked, he could feel that someone was following him. Looking back again, he noticed that the General was walking right behind him. 

"Why are you coming with me, General Geun-Tae?" he asked while scowling.

Again, Geun-Tae shrugged. 

"It seems more interesting than the party." That annoying smirk was still there.

Hak could feel vein popped at his head. "What is?"

"That little chibi, of course. You are meeting her, aren't you?" Geun-Tae said while pointing at Hak. His trademark grin lingered on his face.

Hak scowled even deeper than before. "Yona-sama? Have you met her?"

"Nah, though I've heard a lot of rumors, and from the best source too. Kind of intriguing, if I were to say." Geun-Tae looked really interested, his eyes shone brightly as if he was winning a jackpot.

Hak only raised an eyebrow. "Best source?"

"Yeah, from the best of all, The King himself." Geun-Tae nodded, proud was apparent on his expression as he answered.

Hak let out a tired sigh. 

'No wonder.' 

He knew that Geun-Tae really looked up to The King; it wouldn't be strange for him to find Yona intriguing if The King himself was the one that tells Geun-Tae stories about Yona.

"Ah. The King and Yona-sama have a close relationship." Hak said. That sentence was said with a bittersweet feeling. Unconsciously, he smiled wryly. 'Their relationship is even closer than the one I shared with her.'

Geun-Tae obviously didn't know Hak's inner conflict, but he could see the cloudy expression, even if it was gone in a second as if it had never been there at all.

"So, anymore complain?" he asked Hak, which earned him a hard stare.

Hak actually didn't want Geun-Tae to meet with Yona. Who knows what Yona will do if people found her hiding spot. She'll throw a fit, silently. But he remembered again what Yona told him before.