08

Jeongin's pov

"He's not whipped for me, he's just being kind," I muttered as I ate some more pasta. My right hand lazily clasped the pair of chopsticks as I scooped more Alfredo noodles into my mouth.

Taeyong shook his head and genuinely laughed a little. "Jeongin, he barely even listens to me. Johnny must've really taken a liking to you."

"He can't like me yet, we've just met!" I exclaimed. My cheeks and nose flushed crimson as I remembered Johnny saving me from Doyoung and Jaehyun. I smiled softly and looked down at my lap.

I could still feel Johnny's secure hold on me as we deeply slept together just hours before. His arms were around my waist and his head buried in my neck. If I shifted a little, he would snuggle in closer and exhale deeply. He wore a soft smile as he slumbered with me.

"You two have already shared the same bed. Johnny hates sharing with other guys, Jeongin. You're special to him already." Chenle points out.

"And he either saved you from one of us or marked you himself." Jaemin snickered and motioned towards the hickies on my neck. I rolled my eyes and rubbed my hand over them.

"These aren't from Johnny, Jaemin. I had a run in with Doyoung, who didn't know I wasn't a plaything. These hickies sadly are non consensual from Doyoung." I replied and dismissed their thoughts of Johnny and I.

"Here you go, Innie. Enjoy!" Johnny smiled and gently handed me the mug of steaming vanilla coffee. The black mug of caffeine smelled amazing and I quickly took a sip, smiling as I felt its warmth spread through my chilled body.

"Please be careful it's hot!" Johnny exclaimed as he noticed me burn my tongue. His eyes gleamed with worry as he scanned my face, making sure I was okay.

"Don't worry about it, Johnny! It's perfect, but I think our definitions of 'a lot' is vastly different." I giggled and continued to sip the very lightly sweetened coffee. His eyes widened hearing my joking complaint.

"Im sorry, did I put in too much?" He asked and reached for the mug to go remake it. I pulled the mug away from his reach with a smile.

"You didn't put very much in, but it's okay! You made it, so I love it." I grinned and drank more. I slowly sat the cup down on the table and began to eat, hearing another chorus of gasps and aww.

"Thank you, I'll remember that for next time, Innie." Johnny replied and placed his hand back on my knee. His fingers gently tapped against the black cloth of his sweatpants I was wearing. A light blush rose to my cheeks the longer his fingers tapped.

"You already have a nickname for him, J? And you're so sweet to him? Has Hell frozen over?" Chenle joked and elbowed Johnny in the ribs.

  "Alright Chenle, stop teasing poor Johnny. Now, let's finish our meal, we have a long day ahead of us tomorrow." Taeyong states. Johnny and I quickly finish eating before he drags me into his bedroom.

  He gently led us to sit down on his bed. I pulled some of the blanket over my legs and turned to face him.

    "Innie, you said Neo City wasn't your only gang experience. What do you mean?" Johnny asks, his eyes soft as they scan me over.

   "My dad used to be part of a gang. He was the right hand man for N of Vixx, but I think he may be dead. He hasn't contacted me since I was ten, the second time I was kidnapped. He didn't even try to save me, he just left me," I began, tears welling in my eyes from memories I repressed.

  "Innie, you don't have to keep telling me, I can see it's hurting you." Johnny says and wraps his arms around my waist. He pulls me to his chest and I lay my head on his broad shoulder.

"No, I- I need to tell someone. I'm tired of bottling it all up. I was left there for a year, J. I honestly don't know how I'm still alive after what they did. They have left me scarred mentally and physically, and I still haven't healed in the eight years following my freedom." I stood up and lowered the waistband of the sweatpants to show the long scar from my right hip that leads to my belly button. Johnny gasped seeing the slash mark. He gently traced the scar with his fingers as I continued speaking.

  "I know I should hate my dad, he left me with a ruthless gang called Kard, and he's the reason my mom abandoned us. But I just can't bring myself to hate him. I just wish I could find him, Jung Taekwoon. I miss him, Johnny." I sobbed and fell back into Johnny's safe arms.

  "Is that year with Kard why you are so depressed? They're still a gang, but a very low leveled one. If you asked Taeyong, I'm  sure we would change our target from Stray Kids to them for a little while. And he may know if your dad is still alive." Johnny says and rubs my back.

  "I really don't want to move, J. I don't think my body will be able to support me in this state." I whisper then press my nose deep into Johnny's shoulder.

  "I could always carry you again, Innie. You're light as a feather." Johnny joked, his cheeks growing warm as he felt me snuggle closer to him.

  "Please? I really need to know..." I trailed off before being quickly lifted into the air. I wrap my legs around his waist and my arms around his shoulders. He placed one arm under my hips and one around my back to keep me secure.

  Johnny carefully descends the staircase leading to the living room. He slowly walks towards Taeyong who was sat on the couch with an older man that seemed very familiar.

  "Mr Jung, he's happy here. He has only been here a few hours, but I can tell how joyful Johnny's presence alone makes him," Taeyong begged the older man.

  "Lee Taeyong, I want my son back, and I want him now." He demanded. His voice brought back memories I thought I had forgotten. Playing tag, coloring, cooking. I raised my head from Johnny's shoulder and looked at the male.

  "Dad?"