13

Third pov

   Sicheng looked at Jeongin with a sadness he hadn't felt since Yuta's passing. His heart sank as he picked up the younger boy once again.

   "You're so frail.." Sicheng whispered. He carried Jeongin and gently placed him onto his plush bed. Sicheng pulled the blankets over the bony figure in his bed. He walked out of his bedroom and slid his back down the door.

   "What do I do, Yuta?" Sicheng asked. He knew he wouldn't get any response. He held his face in his hands as tears ran down his cheeks. The tears soaked his shirt as they fell uncontrollably.

"Si, I've got something to tell you. I know I should have said it sooner, but I- I was too scared. Just, please don't hate me, or blame yourself." Yuta begged the younger gang member as he held his hand. He rubbed his thumb along Sicheng's knuckles as they sat together on Yuta's bed.

   "Hey, I could never hate you, you're my best friend." Sicheng promised. He looked at Yuta worriedly as he wondered what his best friend was too scared to tell him.

   "That's the problem, Sicheng." Yuta began. Sicheng felt his heart grow heavy from the sound of his full first name.

  "I'm in love with you, Sicheng. I tried to hold it back— I tried to be strong and not let the petals control my life. I can't anymore." Yuta's eyes watered as he looked at the younger. He knew his time was numbered to mere hours at this point.

   "Yuta, how long have you let this the disease grow?" Sicheng whispered. His free hand gripped the bedsheets tightly as he also held back tears.

"My Buttercups have been forming for over a year now," Yuta confides. His shoulders hunched as he could feel his strength slowly fading as time progressed. His chest ached as he felt it slithering among his heart.

"Buttercups? Yuta! How are you still here?"

"I needed to make sure you knew why I was gone. I needed you to know, and I needed to.." Yuta trailed off and slowly melted his lips with Sicheng's.

Sicheng knew he didn't feel romantic love towards Yuta, but he also knew how little time he had left. He quickly kissed back and moved his lips in sync with the older's.

Sicheng gently grabbed Yuta's collar and laid down on the bed without breaking their kiss. Sicheng gently pulled the seam of Yuta's shirt high enough to slide his cool hands onto his bare skin. Yuta inhaled sharply and he pulled away slightly.

"Si, what are you doing?" Yuta whispered against the prior's lips. His eyes scanned Sicheng's with a small fear. He had his hands on Sicheng's hips, his thumbs gently caressing them.

"Making it up to you." Sicheng spoke just as softly and connected their lips once more. He wrapped his arms around Yuta's shoulders and pulled him closer.

That night had been completely magical to both males. Sicheng knew he would never forget how softly Yuta had treated him, nor could he move on and find anyone else. That night Yuta took more than just Sicheng's first. He took his happiness with him.

Sicheng's heart clenched as more tears fell. He gently wiped the tears from his cheeks as they filled with warmth. That night Sicheng vowed he would never find another, or let another be as intimate with him as Yuta was.

He pulled out his cellphone and shot Taeyong a quick text.

How is Johnny doing?

Not too well. I'm signing the operation papers right now.

So you're just going to let them take away Johnny's love? You're going to let them take away his memories of Jeongin?

Sicheng, I have to. If I don't, he will die. Plus, he should still have the memories.

He's too far into the rose's development, his memories will be taken too.

Sicheng turned his phone off and stood up from the floor. He stretched his aching legs and stepped into the kitchen to get himself a quick snack. He ate and laid down onto the couch, falling asleep quickly.

The next morning, Jeongin awoke in yet another bed he wasn't knowledgeable about. He rubbed his puffy eyes and checked his phone.

Jeongin's pov

7:30 am, Friday
Ugh it's too early to be awake.

I begrudgingly climbed out of the warm blankets. I stood on shaky legs and descended the stairs in desire of coffee. Even if I still didn't feel too up to eating, I would drink enough coffee to feel full.

   Even after two cups of the caffeinated liquid, Jeongin still felt exceptionally exhausted. His entire face was puffy and sore. His heart hurt, and his stomach longed for food it knew it wouldn't get.

   He poured himself a third cup, then walked into the living room. He sat down his coffee and picked up a blanket. With a silent apology, the younger placed the blanket over Sicheng's sleeping form.

    When Sicheng finally woke up, Jeongin was watching the tv, his fourth cup of coffee resting in his hands. Jeongin began quietly speaking.

   "Sicheng, I know you were trying to help me last night out of kindness. I'm sorry I pushed you away, but I've never had someone close enough to me to care— to care as much about me as you do, despite how little time you've known me.

   "I know you were just showing me kindness, but I'm not used to it. I'm sorry I was being rude, but I just don't know how to respond to it." I lowered my head, my fingers gently clasping the warm mug.

   "Hey, don't worry about it, kid. I understand you were in pain, so I don't blame you for it! Just, please let me be here for you? You need a friend, someone who will be here for you without a romantic relation. I should be the one to apologize for being so forward." Sicheng softly replied, his eyes lowered a bit.

   "Start anew?" Jeongin asked, sticking his bony arm out towards Sicheng. He smiled at the older male sweetly.

   "Let—"

  "Jeongin!" A voice shouted.

   "Get away from him!" A warning bullet was shot through the air between them.