•5

You couldn't sleep.

After finding the gun and remembering fragments of memories, you were only more confused than before. Millions of questions ran through your mind as only one was constantly agonizingly repeated.

What did I do?

From what you could remember now, there wasn't a reason for your first encounter with Akutagawa to be so sour, nor for Kyouka to be so desperate to stop you from going wherever you had gone in the other memory you had recovered. However, also from those fragments, you had learned one fact that was now very clear to you.

I was part of the Port Mafia.

Along with all those facts, feelings started to rush on to you that you couldn't explain. Other than a sisterly care for Kyouka, which you could easily connect, your heart was starting to feel a pang of guilt at the mere thought of Akutagawa. Whatever happened, it had hurt you and him, but more than that, it made you long for something that you couldn't recognize.

Who was I? What were we?

You close your eyes, focusing on the soft mattress under you, the silence of living alone surrounding you, but you only feel empty.

Sleeping was no longer an option.

•••

You arrived at the agency extremely early, and as soon as you did, you searched the whole office for the files you knew they had somewhere on you. For any organization, it could only be normal to be up to date with your employees, and knowing that, you knew you had to find your file to answer your questions. Except...you couldn't remember where it could be.

An hour later, it wasn't long before you sensed someone at the door watching you with amusement.

"[f/n]...don't you know it's wrong to test the agency's trust like this?" Dazai says from the back teasingly, holding in his hands a beige folder and waving it gently, which you could only assume meant that in there were your papers.

"Besides, you know you're supposed to take things slow. Didn't Atsushi assure he'd help you out? You'll hurt his feelings.." he adds in a singsong way that made you wonder if he was just enjoying watching you run around like a headless chicken.

This was not the man that greeted you at the hospital, his happy-go-lucky facade seemed to waver as you recognized something darker in the way he taunted you. Still, the more you remembered and pieces together, the greater your confidence, and right now you had just enough to play along.

"One thing is taking things slow, but another is withholding information as important as my name." You start, straightening out your clothing before smiling at Dazai without a kindness behind them.

"What do you mean?"

"I was Port Mafia, and that changes everything."

"Oh? You figured it out, huh...did you know I was too? And Kyouka...and still everyone here cares so much!"

I'm not surprised.

You move closer to Dazai, a man that couldn't be over a year or two older than you currently were. His brown eyes glint with playful manipulation, and his brown hair adds a shadow of mystery to his intentions.

"You want to tell me everything don't you? Or else you wouldn't be here with the answers. You wouldn't be here practically holding my memories." You insist, leaning into him, eyeing the folder.