•30

Being near the Port Mafia building was not an option for you, though it was the easiest solution to finding Akutagawa. You knew he was almost always on a mission, and if you stayed around long enough you would eventually run into him. However, you refused to risk your freedom in such a stupid way, and you knew that even if you made it near the mafia without being questioned, running into Akutagawa where his guard was up the highest was dangerous.

He doesn't know me. I have to remember that.

Playing with your hair nervously, you make yourself take a deep breath, calming every nerve that was on edge after Lucy's push to get you to find Akutagawa again. Or at least, that you meant to do. Instead, your whole body shakes with anxiety as you exhale, your mind racing as if it couldn't catch up with itself.

If anyone from the ADA finds me here, they will poison my thoughts with reason. If I listen to reason...I might not find the will to do something rash...

As you think to yourself, you don't notice your legs carrying you across and away from the Port to an all too familiar plaza, stopping in front of a small, almost hidden, elegant teahouse. As your consciousness takes over again and you realize where you now are, you tentatively put your hand against the glass door and slowly push it open, entering as the whiff of different sweet tea herbs reaches you, the aroma calming in itself.

The tea house has dark, wooden floors, small tables of the same wood spread around to the left of the room against large glass windows, plants decorating the corners and empty spaces of the tea house in a way that it didn't feel crowded or overdone, but instead gave a certain peace to the aesthetic. The light in the teahouse came from the grand windows, though they had a few small, pendant lamps hanging for when evening and night rolls around. Finally, to the right was the counter with a few employees ready to serve, and behind that, a display of endless different teas. As you walk in, a few people turn to you and regard your oddly, though the smile on the waiters didn't falter.

Slowly but surely, you walk towards the counter to - mostly out of politeness - order a tea to your liking, then taking a seat at one of the back tables. As you sit and drink your tea leisurely, your eyes scan the horizon through the windows, your gaze switching in and out of blurriness as time goes by, and your mind slips back into its unsettled thoughts.

•••

The night was far from young when you and Akutagawa walk into a small teahouse, both tired from the day's non-stop activity in the mafia which resulted in a mess that took too long to clean up, and some parts of your clothing permanently damaged. You only had your long trench coat to cover it up, but even then you were in no rush to walk home yourself. Without much talking, Akutagawa had brought you along to a teahouse he often went to for a moment to himself, and to drink his favourite tea.

Admittedly, it was a bit of an odd sight seeing the dangerous mafioso so calmed and pleased by a drink, but something about it made your insides tie up in a knot of butterflies that didn't match the mood of the teahouse whatsoever.

"Aren't you going to get anything? I didn't let you come along to sit and watch me like a creep."

At the comment, you immediately straighten up in your chair and look away, trying to hide a light blush on your cheeks.

"It's super late and we've just come back from a mission...I'm not the only one that looks stupid" you mutter, and you see Akutagawa make a face at you as he continued to drink his tea peacefully.

After a while of tranquility, the sounds of the night muffled by the walls of the teahouse, you feel a sudden sharp pain just above your stomach, and when you open your coat to check what had happened, you see an opened cut had started to bleed, and you realize you probably didn't notice it because until now, your adrenaline hadn't gone completely down. Quickly, you put an arm around your stomach before you make scene, grimacing at your carelessness.