•7

There was no aggression or anger in his eyes anymore, just a cloud of uneasiness, tension rising.

You could tell Akutagawa had just come from a Port Mafia mission, and from the looks of it it hadn't gone as smoothly as he was used to. He was standing without a problem, but there was discomfort in the way he stood, the rain soaking his clothes, smudging the blood all over, so much so that you couldn't tell where it was coming from. You stand up slowly after you say his name, reaching out to take a better look at where the blood was coming from, but Akutagawa stops you, taking a hold of your wrist, his grey eyes clearing up for a moment, the sharpness and cold in them reappearing as he glares into your own.

"So you remembered me after all..." Akutagawa murmurs with melancholy, his deep voice reaching your ears and making your heart burst.

You missed knowing him, you missed being able to remember all the details of the why and how.

"...then you must also remember we aren't friends."

Akutagawa's words cause a crack in your heart as he pushes your arm and you away, grimacing only slightly and the force he has to use with the extent of his wounds.

"Akutagawa, You're bleeding-"

"I'm fine"

Oh...

"You don't need help?" While asking, you asked yourself why he would bother letting you see him if he wanted nothing to do with you, or wanted no help.

"I'm fine." Akutagawa coughs, looking you over grimly one last time before turning away to walk away, but you grab his wrist before he can move, pulling him back.

"You walked away without giving me answers last time too. I may not remember most things but I remember that I lov-"

"[l/n]. You are nothing but a rat left alone after the government decided to exterminate your family. I don't know what you saw, but your memories are more than clearly incomplete even now. Get your hands off of me, or I'll kill you myself." The anger in his voice comes back, the silver irises of his eyes seemingly void of any other feeling.

You're lying to me. You have to be.

"Then why did you stand by me at all times at the mafia? Why haven't you killed me already? What is it that no one will tell me?!" You start yelling, matching the anger in Akutagawa with your own.

The resentment for the agency's silence was built upon by the resentment for Akutagawa's hatred for a part of you you couldn't even recognize anymore. They shared one thing in common, and it was keeping you in the dark. You felt all the emotions you tried to push down rise up like bile in your throat, and you ignore his demand that you don't touch him, taking Akutagawa by the shoulders, ignoring the blood now staining your hand.

"Why did you visit me in the coma?! Why are you here now?! Don't walk away again. Don't leave me guessing again!"

What was anger and hatred in his eyes changed as quickly as his expressions the first time you met him that night in the plaza, a mixture of emotions he wasn't used to putting on display. Watching you yell and hold back tears of pure frustration, you could see his heart twist, his subconscious fighting to take control. Rain still pouring around the two of you, the constant sound turns the rest of your surroundings to white noise, and it feels like you and Akutagawa are the only two people in the world, each waiting for the other to make a mistake, to call out the other on their lies.

Akutagawa went first.

"Let go of me, you're making my injury worse." He coughs, glancing at you and away before continuing to talk.