•39

I don't want to talk to him.

I don't want to see his face, or hear his voice again.

It'll hurt too much.

Not again, please not again...

You stare at Chuuya, eyes wide, body trembling. With a closing snap of his phone, the red-head stands against the wall next to the door, watching you curiously as you attempt to calm yourself down at his summoning of his subordinate.

"Why would you call him? I told you I didn't want anything to do with him-"

"Cut the bullshit [l/n]. You complained about him while crying about the very things you were damning him for. I'm tired of you both using fear as a shitty excuse. I would like to drink my wine in peace for ONCE without hearing about another crisis from Akutagawa from my subordinates and his, so yes I called him." Chuuya snaps, fixing his gloves, head turned away from you out of annoyance.

Excuse me?

You are shocked by Chuuya's attitude and his absurd reasoning, your cheeks burning as you helplessly sit there. You know you can't argue, you can't fight him or try to get away before Akutagawa shows up, not with the strength you know Chuuya possesses. Still, you feel a sort of claustrophobia settle in as the reality of having Akutagawa so close again after he said he didn't want to remember you closes in, sure you are going to be seeing a mirror of hatred.

"Chuuya, I can't take it, I can't see him again, not with the way he damages me every time." You tell him quietly, looking down at the floor, away from the executive in front of you, away from the door.

I just want to be left alone.

"I've never felt so empty. You may think it sounds pathetic, but this is my life. I held on for so long, and now I've opened my eyes and realized that he's just a horrible person and he's going to be the death of me. Call them again, tell him you changed your mi-!"

You stop talking immediately as you bring your head back up and instead of seeing one person in front of you, you see two. Body turning cold, Akutagawa's black-covered figure leaves a heavy weight in the room, eyes narrowed and staring at you, hands in his pockets as he keeps his full attention on you. The both of you stare at in to the other's storming eyes of mixed emotions, restless anticipation clinging all around.

"Well?" Akutagawa breaks the small amount of silence left, tilting his head slightly as he waits for you to continue, his silver eyes glancing at Chuuya when you don't answer.

All the blood that had rushed to your face completely drains itself, leaving you looking horrified and sick. Your heart beats out of your chest, you insides up in knots.

You.

"I hate you."

It's all you can muster out.

Akutagawa looks away, not meeting either of your gazes. Swearing under his breath with a look of disbelief on his face, Chuuya sighs and walks out of the room, muttering to himself that he was not getting payed for this and would take responsibility for any damage later. The executive leaves the room, and the tension becomes unbearable with just the two of you standing there, a room too small for all your hidden words begging to be said.

"Is that all?" The raven haired man asks, voice low and hurt, stifling a cough.

"No."

"Do you want to keep complaining like a helpless child? I'm here now. You can say it directly to me."

Like a child?

You broke my heart with every word to push me away.

I get to act however I want.