Extra: what happened at the party?

"...I'll only hurt you."

"I don't care. I'll handle it."

The music grows louder, and Akutagawa takes hold of both of your hands, pulling you towards him. Your face is dangerously close to his, and you can feel your heart jumping out of its cage. The music blurs together, the world around you spins.

"Will you?" Akutagawa suddenly asks in a whisper, leaning over to your ear, your faces just barely brushing against each other.

"Yes." You turn your head to his, your faces so close your lips brush against each other's, Akutagawa's grey eyes narrowing at your answer, his heart pounding in his chest as it takes everything in him not to pull away in alarm and fear.

"So...can I..?" You then mumble, looking from his lips and back to his eyes, your own eyes fogged by all your drinking but still strong in purpose and determination.

Akutagawa feels anxiety pulse through his every nerve, part of him pulled in by your pleading that looked more like a demand from his point of view, while the other part of him is so overwhelmed by all these new feelings he doesn't want to admit it all to you just yet.

Still...seeing you like this...you wouldn't remember tomorrow would you? Maybe he'd let himself be selfish just this once...

"Then handle it." Your dark haired partner finally responds, and without another moment of hesitation, you let go of his hands that had been holding you and pull him into a relatively hidden corner of the party hall before crashing your lips onto his, neither allowed time to think anymore, only react.

Letting the grand sounds of the music around you both override his over-analysis of the moment, for one of the only times in his life Akutagawa let's himself go in your arms, kissing you with as much fire as you did him, or maybe more.

It wasn't possible to tell.

Drunk with liquor and Akutagawa intoxicated by your touch, neither wanted to let go, neither wanting to leave the taste of each other's lips, so full of pent up feelings, but as soon as the music stops everything seems to cease you both break away breathing heavily in the private silence in a state of shock - until Akutagawa notices you're crying.

"...what the-"

"Why do you do these things to me? Why do you...why do you..." you can hardly get your questions out, your heart squeezing as you stare at Akutagawa with so much agonizing longing, it even stirs guilt in the mafioso's heart along with regret briefly for all he's done to you.

"I already said I don't hate you, [l/n]. Stop crying...you won't remember any of this tomorrow anyways...don't be pathetic. We're just partners, aren't we?"

"Partners my ass. Akutagawa...maybe I hate you instead."

In that moment, your night ended, and simultaneously, Akutagawa confirmed what a monstrous person he'd been to you.

Never had he hoped someone would forget their words so much.