Short Circuit (Part 2)

Author's Note: I was going to put this in chapter 11 but I felt like it should be an extra part of Short Circuit. It just feels right and I want everyone to read the cuteness! Thanks for reading! It means a lot! ❤️

Patrick's POV

I'm not sure why I thought asking her subtly to be my girlfriend would be a good idea. The immediate horror on her face says it all really. What was I thinking anyway? She said it herself, I don't do girlfriends and I should stick to that motto so that I don't ruin whatever we have right now.

I guess I just got caught up in the moment. The thought of having someone that could truly be mine and want me back just the same has always been a secret desire of mine. A need that I have squashed and squashed until meeting Sofia. It seems I should keep it that way. I won't be her happily ever after but I can be her right now.

Sofia's POV

Shit. Fuck. Oh no! Say something Sofia! Anything! Make this okay! Say yes! Because obviously it's what I want more than anything. So why are my lips not moving.

Seconds tick by and the window of opportunity for me to answer is closing. He clears his throat and smiles me weakly. Then laughs in what seems like an attempt to brush it off as a joke. One blink and his neutral mask falls back into place.

"Hey, you still haven't chosen where we're going on vacation" he says, closing down in seconds and moving so quickly that I can't keep up. I still can't speak. "I have an idea to help you choose" he continues and leans down to take my hand, tugging on it.

In my messed up and confused state I say something that is partly voicing the thought in my head in that second. Somehow I work it into what's happening right now.

"I still can't believe that we're going on vacation. You literally put in your bio that you don't have time for a relationship which to me meant you had no time to take your current sugary sweet on a holiday" I reply, letting the thoughts in my head fall out of my mouth. Which is what I always do and somehow it hasn't yet gotten me into any awkward situations with him. Well, until now I guess. It's quite possible I'm the only person who blurts these kinds of things out because everyone else seems to be intimidated by him.

My honesty and word vomiting twenty four seven may be why he likes me. I mean he has to like me right? He just suggested I be his girlfriend and now we're pretending it never happened. I'm like a robot as I get out of bed and walk with him. Are we gonna leave it there? I don't wanna leave it there. I wanna go back to ten seconds ago and say yes. Yet, I think we're both frazzled.

"I don't have time for a relationship but I have all the time in the world for you" is his reply that he quickly pushes out without stopping. No glance in my direction, no eye contact but the tension that radiates from him suggests that wasn't easy for him to say. Oh and it wasn't easy for me to hear either. WHAT IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW?

Girlfriend? All the time in the world for me? Excuse me while I faint.

He leads me down a corridor and opens the door in front of us. Another room I've never been in. I don't even want to think about how many rooms this apartment actually has. Hey, maybe he has a sex dungeon like in fifty shades. That would be interesting. Sorry, not relevant right now but I'd be open to that sort of thing that's all I'm saying. Anything for my Sugar Daddy right? Except my willingness to please hasn't got anything to do with getting money but everything to do with wanting to see him happy. Ewwwww I hate myself.

It's a whole ass library. He has a friggin library in his apartment because why the hell not? Rows of book cases. Some brown leather couches, a fire place and the one thing he's leading me to: a huge map of the world. Clever. I like it. A map of the world should certainly help my dilemma.