Epilogue - Keeper Of My Heart

TWO YEARS LATER...

Sofia's PoV

My eyes squint behind my shades as I try to make out the small dot in the sky. From where I stand leaning against my shiny black Chevrolet Camaro, I can just about make out as the dot takes shape.

I feel extremely out-of-place in this private air field, even after all this time living with luxury. I'm not excited about the cost of the private jet now descending from the sky. I'm excited about the person that the plane is delivering safely to me.

I'm not sure why it makes me nervous to watch the plane land. Maybe it's because it's so small and it looks like one hard gust of wind could send it crashing to the ground. Whatever the reason, I sigh a breath of relief as the tyres touch down in the distance.

Then my stomach does flips as the plane approaches on the ground. Which most people would say shouldn't happen anymore.

Most people would be over the butterflies at the thought of getting to see their partner. Yet I feel like I've never been so excited.

As the plane stops a good few metres away, I push off the car and begin to walk towards it. I don't want to seem overeager but it's tough when the door folds open revealing a set of steps.

It's only been four days Sofia! So why are you acting like it's been months?!

I feel a little stupid, like maybe I'm becoming too clingy. Only that feeling subsides when Patrick appears at the top of the steps, his face breaking into a grin before he rushes down them.

In the few seconds it takes me to reach him, I take in his messy hair, scruffy beard, leather jacket and backpack. Then I don't have time to see anything else because he's in front of me and pulling me into his arms.

Like a romantic scene in a movie he lifts me slightly and spins me, his face hidden in my neck as he breaths deeply. My heart flies and my whole body tingles as I cling to him for dear life.

"Mmm, there's my girl. God you smell good" he pretty much groans, his lips tickling my neck.

"You smell terrible but I love you anyway" I laugh and waste no time smashing my lips to his as soon as he pulls back to look at me.

I imagine this may be too much PDA for some people but I honestly don't care. Whenever we're apart it feels like I'm missing something.

"I love you Darling" he sighs happily against my mouth. "Next time you're coming with me" he states giving me a stern look. I raise my eyes brows at his command.

"Is that right?"

"Oh yes. I'll drag you kicking and screaming if I have to" he winks as we make our way back to the car. He throws his backpack and jacket in the back seat before getting in the passenger side.

Once I get in beside him, I start the engine and feel him grab my hand. He kisses the back of it and I reach over to brush my fingers through his hair. I really did miss him. The only issue with us both having busy careers are the times when they call for us being apart.

The reason I didn't go with him on this business trip is because I had to finish a project for a new client. Oh and he's not the only one with business trips now. I have them too...I know...me. I still think it's crazy.

"How was it then?" I ask and tap the accelerator gently so we don't shoot off like a bullet from a gun. I'm still getting used to how fast this car is and as I steer my way towards the large entry gates the engine roars. "Maybe you should drive..."

"You've got it baby, you're doing great. Don't panic" he assures me but I'm not convinced.

"You have too much faith in me" I laugh nervously.