Fixed Issue

Author's Note: I'm sorry this chapter is short and lacking in content but I'm really struggling with writers block! I will keep going and pushing forward. Hopefully I'll have a better chapter next!

Sofia's PoV

"Ummmmm, funny story. Turns out he's not a murderer" I inform Annabelle. The line of conversation has Patrick propping himself up on his elbow and raising his eyebrows.

I look back at him with a tired expression because let's be honest, I'm sick of people judging the person I choose to be with. That's all I've gotten from today and I'd love it to stop.

"What? Dear God, Sofia it was very clear that he was a murderer. Are you still with him? Oh my god are you with him right now?" She questions, her words firing out one after the other as she panics. Honestly there's no need for it. I'm perfectly safe.

"Yes and yes. I promise you he isn't going to kill me. Well not unless I make him mad" I joke and Patrick shakes his head at me. "I might steal too much of the bed covers and get stabbed for it. Who knows?"

"Sofia! That isn't funny" Annabelle continues. I can't lie and say that she has my full attention. Not when I'm much more occupied with dragging the fingers of my free hand over the hairs on Patrick's chests. I draw patterns on his skin as his arms wrap around me tighter. I let out a quiet giggle but try to muffle it in case it annoys Annabelle.

"Let's talk about you instead. How's things?" I ask, taking away the heat from myself.

"Oh no you don't!" She whisper-hisses.

Well that didn't work.

"How do you know he isn't a psycho?" She continues. I guess I don't but right now I'm past caring. I know she's trying to look out for me but at this point I'm just done. I'm tired of all the judgment.

"I'm gonna go. I'm tired and I'm sick of justifying my relationship to everyone. Sorry if that sounded rude but I just can't keep doing it" I explain, trying to keep my voice even.

"I'm sorry Sofia, I'm just worried" she mumbles and guess what? I feel bad.

"I know you are and I appreciate you caring but I'm fine"

"Okay good. Speak to you soon" she sighs. I know that she's probably gonna be mad at me. I've never snapped at her in fact where she is concerned, I'm practically a door mat. That's not her fault, it's mine.

"Goodnight"

After dropping my phone down, I lie flat on my back and let out the longest most irritated sigh I can produce.

"She still thinks I'm gonna kill you huh?" Patrick asks, tilting his head towards me. I nod without saying a word but I'm sure I look sad as hell because I sure feel it.

Patrick's POV

Did I enjoy her using the word relationship in reference to us? More than words can describe. It also made something inside me very happy when she shut down what Annabelle was saying. Not because it caused conflict between her and Annabelle but because it shows she truly believes me and I'm so fucking glad. There's so many people out there who still think I'm a murderer.

But not her.

I sense that Sofia is the more submissive friend where Annabelle is concerned. Which is why she clearly feels bad about telling her how it is. She shouldn't feel bad, she shouldn't feel like she has to please anyone other than herself. Of course I know that's a hard way to go about life.

It wasn't hard for me to be selfish before I met Sofia. Now though, all I do is think of new ways to make her smile. I even care about the people around her on some level.