Are You Guilty? Yes, Of Hurting

Patrick's POV

A letter to testify against Nadia. A way for me to ensure that she gets put away for a long time. Fuck yes!

A way to ensure she can never get near Sofia again. Or anyone for that matter. Double fuck yes!

For the first time in two weeks my face breaks into a smile. A crazed psychopathic smile. I can finally make her pay for hurting the most important person in my life. Okay so she may not be in my life anymore psychically but she will always be the most important person to me.

I also know that this court date and all of the accusations will eventually make any of the contracts she's signed null and void. She can't own the company with a criminal record.

Therefore very soon, no one will. It's irrelevant to me of course. I don't care who owns the company next. Okay, I care a little bit. I want Jack to be okay. I want all of the employees to have better management and the thought that this can now happen has a little bit of joy sliding through the dark cloud above my head.

It evaporates as quickly as it appears, eaten up by other thoughts. If I have this letter then so does Sofia. She's going to have to face Nadia all over again.

It's not fucking fair!

Maybe I could be enough to prove that Nadia is guilty? Maybe they won't ask Sofia to take the stand.

Except that outcome is inevitable. She will have to do it. She will have to once again feel pain because of Nadia.

We're apart so that she's safe yet it seems I can't protect her from everything like I very much want to.

"Shit!" I yell and tug on my hair with my free hand. What can I do? How can I stop this??

Even as I ask myself these questions I know that I can't. I can't save her from this.

There's something else too.

We're both going to court. We're going to be in the same room.

My heart immediately flies at the thought, my breathing becoming sharp.

God I want to see her. Once again that's selfish but this time there's nothing I can do. We both need to testify to ensure Nadia gets put away.

I'll keep my distance. I'll try to make it as painless as possible. I'm sure she's still angry at me and I don't blame her. I pushed her away.

Sofia's PoV

~Three Weeks After Leaving- Court Date~

I may be a full grown woman but that doesn't mean that I don't need moral support. Which is why as I travel back to Chicago, my Mom sits next to me.

She told me that I didn't have to do this. That I could let the court know it was too hard for me but how could I not go? The only thing that I have left right now is putting that bitch in jail for a long time. She deserves it and I don't want her to hurt anyone else in the future.

Dressed in the only partially formal dress I have with matching baby pink pumps, I feel as though it's some kind of armour. It makes me look more confident than I feel. My insides churn as time ticks on, brining me closer to the city I left. Closer to a certain person that I never thought I'd get to see again.

My fists clench as my hands rest on my thighs and I look out of the train window. The lack of pain shooting up my arm reminds me of how I've healed.

My ribs only twinge now and then while my wrist is basically back to normal. Any bruising on my face and stomach is barely visible and I feel a lot stronger all round. Well not so much on the emotional side.