Together

Sofia's PoV

After my Mom's call we fall back asleep and are in no hurry to get up. It's just too good to be wrapped up in his arms all warm and safe.

A glance at the LED clock on the bedside table let's me know it's only ten thirty am. Which has me wiggling against him to try and get even closer.

He squeezes me in tightly, his legs tangling with mine and the duvet.

"This is the best way to wake up" he sighs, his voice so dreamy that I can barely take it.

"Well you better get used to it because you're kinda stuck with me now. You're gonna have see me all wrinkly and old one day" I tease and he smiles mischievously.

"Mmmm sexy. You're always gonna be hot stuff Darling. It's you that should be worried. I already have the odd grey hair"

"Oh you'll be a silver fox, baby. You're like a fine wine. You'll only get better looking over time" I assure him.

"Easy, you might make me full of myself" he replies, his fingers fluttering over my cheek.

"You aren't already full of yourself?" I ask, acting shocked.

"Not quite yet but the longer I'm with you, the more I'm gonna think I'm gods gift to the world because well...a man like me got a women like you. I must be pretty awesome"

"Meh, you're alright I guess"

My stomach rumbles and interrupts our cute moment. His reaction is to push the duvet off of us and begin kissing my stomach, making me laugh.

"I can't have my girl going hungry now can I?" He says with his lips moving over my skin. It has me wriggling all over the place especially when his tongue flicks out.

"Patrick!!!" I squeal while laughing uncontrollably.

"Yes? Did you say something?" He questions glancing up at me with glee in his eyes and a blinding smile. Woah. God I love to see him happy. "I could just eat you but then that wouldn't fix your problem" he ponders tapping his chin.

"Then what are you gonna do hm?" I ask playing with his hair.

"Let me think some more" he replies and smothers me in kisses all over again.

I try to pin him with my legs and roll him but he captures my leg and kisses that too.

"What kind of monster are you?" I gasp as he moves his lips up my thigh.

"A love sick monster with no antidote" he replies giving me puppy dog eyes. He's so good at saying the cheesiest thing but making them sound so endearing.

"Oh no. I'm sorry. There's just no cure for this" I pout, gesturing between the two of us.

"That's okay, I don't want one Darling" he winks and moves back up my body so he can kiss me full on the lips.

When my stomach grumbles again he stops and hovers over me.

"We really do need to get you some food. I take my position as your lover and partner very seriously"

He's still being playful but he's not lying. One of the things that he'd do frequently that showed me he cared was ask if I'd eaten. A few times while I had long shifts at the coffee shop he'd gotten lunch sent in for me.

I returned the favour a few times too when I knew he had draining meetings. He'd seemed really touched by my gesture.

"I know you do. I'm very grateful. Yet I also don't want to leave this bed"