I Will Kill You

Patrick's PoV

I'm at my building within six minutes and I don't even bother to park correctly before getting out of the car. Ramming my passcode into the keypad, I enter through the back door.

There won't be one person here yet because it's six am and the first employees start at nine. Forty floors and thousands of staff. Yet it's empty, just like I feel.

It's actually quite eery as I step into the elevator. Everyone who works here and in other buildings I own now have uncertain futures because soon they will work for Nadia.

Maybe I should feel guilty. Maybe I should care that I'm going to lose everything I've worked for but I don't. Not one bit. Nadia can fire them all and burn the place to the ground and it still wouldn't faze me. Not when Sofia is in danger.

Stepping out on the top floor and into the lobby I walk to my office. Probably for the last time.

Losing my company means losing my assets and my millions. Only that doesn't scare me. What scares me is losing Sofia. I won't survive that.

And what will I be without my money anyway? Useless. The only thing I'm good for is money. That fact is still true.

My heart swells as I realise that she didn't mean what she said. She doesn't want my money. I don't know what happened exactly but I'm going to assume that Nadia made her say it.

I feel ashamed that I believed it. I feel like the worst human on Earth now that I know my girl was suffering while I cursed her out.

She might not want me after this. She might blame it all on me like I do. However, I will spend the rest of my life trying to make it up to her. Nothing will be enough but I have to try.

Note how I'm not even contemplating another outcome than me finding her alive. I simply can't think of any other ending. I can't cope with it.

If Sofia wants to beat me until I'm bloody and bruised so that I get to feel the pain she has felt then I'll gladly let her. I want that pain. I want to take it all away from her so bad.

In my office I fall into my chair and immediately get the pile of papers I need. I know these documents should be kept in a safe but instead they're merely in a locked drawer. That's because I've always wanted them next to me. They're my failsafe. They are meant to be there to be signed by someone who I deem good enough to take my business over when I no longer can run it.

I hadn't decided who that person would be yet. I haven't ever thought about it too much. Although if I really am honest with myself I'd have asked Sofia one day. It's not something she's ever spoken about being interested in. Owning a business I mean. But I still would have liked to offer. She's the person I trust the most. I guess even as she said those horrible words to me it really never broke that trust at all.

I wish Nadia hadn't said twenty minutes. I wish she was here now so we could get this done. I need to be with Sofia. I need to take her to the hospital.

I've no idea how Nadia is going to get into the building but I'm assuming that she's worked that part out. If she can hack my database then she can crack the door codes. Well she better have cracked them because I don't want to waste another second messing around.

As I click a pen to use the office door opens and my eyes snap up. I see her and want to kill her instantly, however she's not alone. The person she's with I may actually want to kill more because he tampered with my chances of getting to Sofia quicker. He told me he didn't know where she was. He lied to my face while she suffered immensely.

Gabe.

I've no self control.

Leaping from my seat, I step around my desk and march towards him. My fist pulls back and he tries to move away from me. He has no where to go.