Family Trojan Horse

Patrick's POV

I'm having a lovely dream about Sofia and I cooking together. It's extremely lucid and I feel like I actually have control of my own actions. The only reason I know I'm dreaming is because every time I try to touch her, I can't reach. It's torture, no it's hell. In fact, it's quite possible that this is a nightmare. However I do want to try and remember to cook more with Sofia in the future. I think it'd be fun.

SMASH

"Fuck!" I jolt awake as a jarring sound hits my ears. Sofia mentioned last night that we'd have to be quiet because of the thin walls in this house. She wasn't wrong because whatever I just heard didn't happen in this room but it sure sounded like it.

Turning to my right I look to see if Sofia is awake too but I find the space next to me empty.

I might be overacting but waking up without her there is a horrible feeling. I'm so used to having her beside me now that it actually scares me a little. I know it has nothing to do with simple company or dependence because the thought of anyone else in bed with me is very unappealing. I've picked apart my feelings for Sofia so much that I've decided I can't crack the code. Guess I'll just have to go on clueless and blissfully happy.

Now where is my girl?

Sitting up, a wave of drowsiness hits me. My body is still so relaxed from our passion last night that I can barely get up. God I just wanna go back to sleep but I can't do that without Sofia.

Lazily I pull my jeans and shirt back on that I folded and dropped onto the floor last night before getting into bed. I'm sure I look like a mess but I don't really care. I'm kinda worried about that smashing noise and the lack of a women in my arms. Boy I'm mushy these days. Funnily enough I don't hate it.

Scratching my beard, I realise that it's gonna need a tidy up so I don't give my girl beard burn. That's what I'm thinking about in my dazed mind as I saunter down the stairs. I'm sure everything is okay, I mean I don't think anything could ruin my high.

Really that's a stupid thing for me to think. I should know better.

"You really have grown up huh? Not that it's much of an improvement but at least you don't look like a little brat anymore"

I hear those words as clear as day and they don't sound like anyone I've met yet. In fact they sound harsh and cold.

Walking towards the kitchen, I hear no reply. I'm hoping that this dude isn't talking to Sofia like that and that she's somewhere else in the house.

The first thing I see is obviously the owner of the voice I heard. One quick glance is enough time to notice his almost bald head, unwashed look and menacing smile. Who the fuck is he?

I don't really care to find out because in the next second my eyes find Sofia.

She is crouched over broken glass, picking up the larger pieces. Much like I tried to do in the coffee shop with the broken jars. And just like she panicked at my attempt, fear fills me instantly.

"Darling, be careful!" I almost yell and crouch down next to her, grabbing her hands. I'm instantly angry as I realise that asshole over there was just watching her do this! I also realise that his harsh words were aimed at her and my anger turns to rage.

I have to close my eyes and take a deep breath because I can't loose my shit here and I don't want her to be afraid of me.

It hasn't gone unnoticed that she hasn't said a word yet. Which is certainly not like her.

"I'm sure she can clean it up herself. No need to pity her" I hear and my blood boils. The fuck is wrong with this man?

I've never seen Sofia so subdued. She's so quiet and looks so small. She's terrified. I hate it.